• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Too Big For Just The Unhappy Thread

Septic truck was too heavy crossing it.
And we have the winner!

Now for the entire shitty story. The bridge is 75 feet long and spans a 15 foot deep ravine. It is/was open grate steel on top of pylons and rotted bridge timbers. You can see it in the pictures in the OP.

When we got here Wednesday we noticed the toilet wasn't flushing properly. We did all the checks and eventually lifted the lid off the septic tank ...... sure enough ..... full to the brim.

My son scheduled a cleaning for Saturday morning and instructed them DO NOT cross the bridge. The driver crossed the bridge anyway, pumped out the septic and started back out (all 50,000 pounds). He got 3/4 of the way across and the bridge timbers gave way. He jammed the truck in 4 wheel drive and floored it and got out. But, the bridge is our only way out.

The driver is now claiming that I told him to drive across, but the end result is that it is in the hands of the insurance companies now.

They are filling the ravine with enough material that John and I can get out later today ..... fingers crossed!1714395210336.png

And we have the winner!

Now for the entire shitty story. The bridge is 75 feet long and spans a 15 foot deep ravine. It is/was open grate steel on top of pylons and rotted bridge timbers. You can see it in the pictures in the OP.

When we got here Wednesday we noticed the toilet wasn't flushing properly. We did all the checks and eventually lifted the lid off the septic tank ...... sure enough ..... full to the brim.

My son scheduled a cleaning for Saturday morning and instructed them DO NOT cross the bridge. The driver crossed the bridge anyway, pumped out the septic and started back out (all 50,000 pounds). He got 3/4 of the way across and the bridge timbers gave way. He jammed the truck in 4 wheel drive and floored it and got out. But, the bridge is our only way out.

The driver is now claiming that I told him to drive across, but the end result is that it is in the hands of the insurance companies now.

They are filling the ravine with enough material that John and I can get out later today ..... fingers crossed!View attachment 81386
So, if the bridge was the only way in and out, how would the big truck have gotten there or back without crossing it?

So, if the bridge was the only way in and out, how would the big truck have gotten there or back without crossing it?
Propane trucks and septic trucks all have hoses that reach the tanks to fill or empty once they are parked. I've seen septic trucks park at someone's driveway, and then have to hump the hose 65 yards around the back of the house to reach the tank Location. If he would've parked at the bridge as instructed, he would've had to pull the hose about 38 yards or so to reach the tank.

Propane trucks and septic trucks all have hoses that reach the tanks to fill or empty once they are parked. I've seen septic trucks park at someone's driveway, and then have to hump the hose 65 yards around the back of the house to reach the tank Location. If he would've parked at the bridge as instructed, he would've had to pull the hose about 38 yards or so to reach the tank.
Ah, roger that. What a shit head...

And we have the winner!

They are filling the ravine with enough material that John and I can get out later today ..... fingers crossed!View attachment 81386
It's funny the bridge held up when you crossed it Jeff. I'm mean you're more full of shit than that shit sucking truck by far.

Great who done it story. Kept me entertained over the weekend. 😆
Congrats to @smellysell Justin and his sleuthing ability.

So are they going to lay a pipe for the water to flow and bury it to make a temp dirt path?

It's funny the bridge held up when you crossed it Jeff. I'm mean you're more full of shit than that shit sucking truck by far.

Great who done it story. Kept me entertained over the weekend. 😆
Congrats to @smellysell Justin and his sleuthing ability.

So are they going to lay a pipe for the water to flow and bury it to make a temp dirt path?
They are filling the damaged part of the bridge with stone so we can drive across it and then they are going to rebuild the entire Bridge

We called the contractor who did a lot of work here for my son previously and he was so incredibly accommodating!

Came out with an engineer yesterday, pulled trucks and equipment off of another job, and they have half the bridge built already today.

View attachment 81389
Yep! These guys know their stuff! They know exactly what kind of stone to use that won't shift, and how to properly stack up against those pylons with the material and drainage that won't expand/contract during a rainy or dry season. They get that doing it improperly can lead the hydrostatic pressure movement over time and cause a future collapse.

I had a friend that was getting a mouth hug from a lady friend once, lost consciousness, and hit a guard rail. Very similar outcome such as this. Not pointing fingers.

I had a friend that was getting a mouth hug from a lady friend once, lost consciousness, and hit a guard rail. Very similar outcome such as this. Not pointing fingers.
Collapsed a bridge?