• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2008 GOF Charity Dinner

Doc Stogie Fresh

So, I went to the God of Fire annual dinner last weekend and wrote up a full report here: 2008 God of Fire Charity Dinner.

Of course, there were plenty of cigar celebs and actors, producers, directors and more Hollywood types. Jim Belushi was especially fun. He loves cigars and mixed it up with everyone in attendance.

j-belushi-GOF-dinner.jpg

mantegna-carlito.jpg

I was disappointed with the rest of the celebs who only hung out with each other at the "star table." Such a shame. They had a chance to spread some goodwill, but were adept at "turning on their heels."

Nevertheless, the event was a huge success as a fundraiser for the Cigar Family Charitable Foundation.

We smoked some choice God of Fire cigars from 2004, 2005 and 2006. And we even came away with some Opus X and special Don Carlos cigars.

At $500 a plate, I'm not sure if I will attend again, but as a one-time cigar experience, it was truly a one-of-a-kind event.

Check out the photo slideshow here: God of Fire Dinner at Hotel Bel Air.

Doc

You know I had a thread up asking who else was going to be attending. Dang. We missed a chance to share a good smoke.

Next time.

Stinki