• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

AF Flor Fina 8-5-8 Candela

Lumberg

Opus Lover
GOt this one out of Nicko's pass I believe. I'm a sucker for the candela wrapper, I love the grittiness on the lips when you first put it in your mouth and the green tea like flavors.

This has a great balance of filler and binder to compliment the green wrapepr perfectly. Draw was a bit tight pre-light but I have noticed Fuentes seem to have a tight draw but I never have any trouble getting smoke out of 'em and this is no exception.

Burn--very strong , even , stays lit even when you put it down for a minute.

ash very strong, have to physically know this one off when you want to shorten it. Seems to mostly be in a cone shape.

Overall a great cigar and I'm glad I had it.

I think Mr Bs Handmade original offer just as much flavor, not as great construction though.

I woudl probably go for the Mr Bs in future due to price considerations.

I have had a Maduro wrap 8-5-8 and I loved it for all the same reasons...

started to get a bit harsh in the last 3 inches. I noticed Candelas tend to get harsher towards the end than darker cigars.

I think it's because they are milder to begin with and the harshness towards the end of the cigar does not "go with" the candela wrapper taste as well.

I think the flavor of darker wrappers "goes" better with the end of cigar harshness.

This is the only 858 I can't stand. Smoked about a half dozen and everyone was bitter the whole way.

If you want to taste a great candela cigar, try one of the La Gloria Cubana candelas. That's the way candelas are supposed to taste. :thumbs:

Shadow said:
If you want to taste a great candela cigar, try one of the La Gloria Cubana candelas. That's the way candelas are supposed to taste. :thumbs:
First I saw you smoking a candela wavell. Then you asked me to pick 5 up for you the last time I was in Richmond. Now, you are reviewing them. What's next? Daughters of the American Revolution? :D :p :sign: :sign:

Shadow said:
This is the only 858 I can't stand. Smoked about a half dozen and everyone was bitter the whole way.

hmmm...maybe I'll add those to my wish list.....

BACCHUS said:
Shadow said:
First I saw you smoking a candela wavell. Then you asked me to pick 5 up for you the last time I was in Richmond. Now, you are reviewing them. What's next? Daughters of the American Revolution? :D :p :sign: :sign:
Will you should have been in the shop the day when Ed, Charlie and I were smoking the LGC candela! :D

Shadow said:
BACCHUS said:
Shadow said:
Will you should have been in the shop the day when Ed, Charlie and I were smoking the LGC candela! :D
I am going to have to look at Allofus' "adult" thread again just to get that image out of my head. :( :D

8-5-8 Maddies are my favorite. My first full box purchase four years ago while in Tampa.

Still got 3 left...............What a smoke!!!!!!!