• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Buck and Aikman

Brickhouse

J.C. Newman owes me royalties.
Anyone else agree? I thought the game was very well broadcasted. These are two of the few guys I can actually listen to announce a game.

I have to admit that Aikman has been surprising as a booth guy. He did a solid job at conveying the super bowl atmosphere and what it's like for the players, without always reverting back to his cowboy days.

Buck is just great, flat out.

Maybe this discussion is worthless, or maybe I just want to keep talking football because I don't want it to be over :(

I'll take Aikman over Simms or Madden any day. I like Dierdorf too. But Buck drives me crazy. Especially when he does baseball.

I enjoy Aikman, but Buck tries too hard. Overall they didn't overshadow the game and didn't state the obvious that much.

I'll take Aikman over Simms or Madden any day. I like Dierdorf too. But Buck drives me crazy. Especially when he does baseball.

Agreed. Its tough being a fan of any NY sports team when you listen to Joe Buck.

Whether he is constantly bringing up the Giant's underdog status, or the Yankees's payroll during the playoffs; there just doesn't ever seem to be anything positive he can say about any NY team.

I've heard some commentators say he called the end of the game well by allowing the pictures speak for themselves. The pessimist in me says he was just dumbstruck that N.E. lost. :whistling:

Oh well, best Super Bowl game in a long time regardless of who was in the booth.

Buck has to be one one of the worst announcers of all time. He couldn't know less about the sports he covers and sometimes the garbage the dribbles from his lips is amazing.

Can ya tell I just don't like his style? :D

And his comment about how the Pat's were 2 minutes and 30 seconds from being the greatest team ever came smahing down around him as Eli walked down the field and scored. GO BLUE!

It was an OK broadcast overall, except that every commercial break they told us how the Terminator sit-com was on next. I get it, you can stop now.

Fish

Aikman is fast becoming one of the best color guys in the business. I'll take Al Michaels, Bob Costas or even one of the Alberts over Buck though. He's ok but for the Super Bowl you gotta put your best out there.

Damn, all Buck haters here eh? LOL

I guess I love Buck because I'm a St. Louis Cardinals fan and always loved his dad. I think he does a great job, but it looks like I'm in the minority here.

What I like about Aikman is that he says a lot of stupid sh.t, which gives the viewers something to debate and laugh over. Buck is too dry. Neither one of them exhibits any excitement. Worse yet, neither one of them has a stitch of wit about them. Fairly unremarkable.

Conclusion: I love em to pieces. :D

Anyone but the current MNF crew and the NFL Channel crew gets my vote...

Damn, all Buck haters here eh? LOL

I guess I love Buck because I'm a St. Louis Cardinals fan and always loved his dad. I think he does a great job, but it looks like I'm in the minority here.

Another Buck fan here. I thought he did a pretty good job of minimizing his negative New York comments. It's target rich environment. :D

Being a Vikings fan it's hard for me to like anything Dallas (thats right I don't forget bad catches) :angry: but Aikman is becoming a solid booth guy. Joe Buck I can't stand. I do remember his dad and heard some of his calls that guy had heart for the game..his son didn't seem to inherit that from him.