• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bud Shootout: A sign of things to come?

Madmidget

Rammer Jammer Yellowhammer
Those that watched the Shootout last night saw what I think are a sign of things to come.

First off, it was great to hear the sound of 800 horsepower singing again. I got goose bumps hearing the first lap in surround sound for the first time since late November. Watching Jr. take the lead on lap 7 and all the great racing was a good sign for Jr. fans. I think he has a chip on his shoulder to show Teresa that he is a better driver than racing personality, as she said. Plus seeing the Hendicks guys running together is a bad sign for the rest of the field.

It was also nice to see Smoke and the other Toyota drivers finally flex some muscle to show that they will be contenders in the 500 this year. If they can contend on the short and intermediate tracks will be the big question to answer. All in all, I think it was a great start to the season.

Qualifying today , the Twin 125's on Thursday, and the 500 on Sunday makes this an exciting week for a NASCAR fan. I think this is going to be a great year. What about you?

all the cars will look good on restrictor plate tracks. Lets see what toyota does on other tracks. That is where they are/were really behind. Will not surise me one bit to see a toyota win the 500. Personally, I think it is the best shot they have at a win unless they luck out with a fuel milage race somewhere.

Not only am I looking forward to Jr. finally doing well, but I also eagerly anticpate Stewart and the Bush boys knocking hell out of one another all season and then making their visit to the BadBoyz hauler for a a talkin' to.

Let the fines fly and hit 'em where it hurts.

It will be nice to not have to watch cry baby Stewart climb his big ass up the fence every time he wins.

Go DJ!!! although I am a Jeff Gordan fan, I can now also cheer for DJ since they are teammates! One of our techs out here in Ca went back and is renting from and friends with DJ, and won't be on his team to keep the friendship intact.. He is the catch can guy for Juan Pablo Montoya. JD was fortunate enough to go to Austrailia with DJ this winter before the season started, and stopped off in Hawaii for a little break in the flight. anyways.... GO HENDRICKS TEAM!!!!!