• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cable Guy Commeth

PuroBrat

I am not here :^)
Let me set the scene...

"PB" sets down at the PC and logs onto the internet with a 56K modem. After several reconnects 'cause it keeps connecting at 33K or lower and finally "PB" gets a good connection, at a whopping 42K. ???

Now the "Bratkeeper" is on her laptop, and it is connected to "PB's" PC using a Crossover Network cable. So "PB" and the "Bratkeeper" are now sharing 42K, that breaks down, crudely to 21K each (I know there is more to the equasion, but for simplicity's sake..).

This my brothers is one SLOW A$$ way to get onto to CP (that is all I do, you see).

Now....as of June 2, there will be a new method. Comcast Cable Internet to the rescue :thumbs: And, since we have Cell Phones we will no longer need a Land Line, and the cost of the land line + cost of Dial-Up account = $20 a month MORE than Comcast. See, PB ain't as dumb as you thought :0 ;)

I can't wait, this is gonna be ShhhhhMokin!!!!

I may run a cable out to the Patio so I can chat and smoke at the same time.

When I'm visiting my parents in Dallas/Rowlett... I use dial-up too. But due to the fact that we live in the boonies, my connection is never better than 28.8. Yes, it IS a pain in the ass. Once you go high speed, you can never go back.

PuroBrat said:
See, PB ain't as dumb as you thought :0 ;)
It just took him this long to figure it all out. :D

:sign:

Oh yeah Rod, great idea...Pick on the Dumb Fat Guy :p

A little slow, a few problems, No big deal :sign:

We have dial-up at home because there isn't any cable and I have a full T-1 at work. Everyday I go through withdrawal at night and get a new fix in the morning.

Cable is the only way to go at home. But you need to go wireless if you want to move around alot you and it is reativley inexpensive to setup

MauiJim said:
Aloha PB, I take it the move went ok??
Other than the fact that my Back still has not recovered from the abuse, yeah. We got all moved out of old apt, and are still unpacking and deciding what to keep and what to discard as we unpack. ???

kingpin said:
Cable is the only way to go at home. But you need to go wireless if you want to move around alot you and it is reativley inexpensive to setup
Staples has a Linksys wireless router with a wireless PC card for the laptop for $99. Well worth the money :thumbs:

Actually, the one that will be going outside with me is the Desktop, I don't get to use the bratkeeper's laptop, if I touch it, I might draw back a Nubb, and we ain't talkin about a cigar here. :0