• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Casa Fuente Mojito's

Rob_k

If it ain't Scottish...it's crap!
My wife and I are longing for a Casa Fuente mojito...been craving one since we returned from vegas in april...anyone know the ingredients? I thought they used Montecristo rum... and i do have a few classic cuban mojito recipe's. any help is appreciated.
Rob

DSCN03930001.jpg

As you will see the Montecristo Rum sitting in the left side of the photo. So yes, they do use it. :thumbs:

As luck would have it I was good buddies with the former bartender.
and he Passed on the recipe.

1 lime cut .
Place cut limes into glass and proceed to mash them up to extract all the juice.
Add mints leaves sparingly.

add ice to a large shaker
add 3 shots of montecristo rum to shaker
add 2 shot of sugar water
top of glass with lemon/lime soda/or seltzer water (7up / Sprite)

Pour off shaker into glass that has crushed lime/mint mixture and voila ..Casa fuente mojito

Don carlos Caipirinah

same as above omit the mint leaves
and use Ypicoa Rum.
and top off with Tobacco infused Gran marnier.. :thumbs:

1 lime cut .
Place cut limes into glass and proceed to mash them up to extract all the juice.

Pour off shaker into glass that has crushed lime/mint mixture and voila ..Casa fuente mojito

Don carlos Caipirinah

and use Ypicoa Rum.
Thanks Alex. appreciated.

I can't wait. The only upside to going to Vegas in August...being able to combat the 496 degree heat with a Casa Fuente Mojito. MMMMMMM.
Well, that and being at a bachelor party in Vegas.

Edit: Gary--cegas is a lesser known sister-city to Vegas. The slots are looser, the women hotter, the cigars cheaper, and the drinks bigger, and dealers always hit on 17, 18, 19, 20 and especially 21. And no one knows where it is but me and my imaginary friends.

I made these Mojitos last night and they are fuggin GREAT! I used Turbonato Sugar to make the simple sugar and instead of the montecristo rum, used Barbancourt 3 star.

AWESOME!!!!!!

I personally love mojitos and have for years. Its my outdoors drink of choice. I consider myself a mojito pro, and prefer my recipe..

Quarter 3 Key Limes (small yellowish tart limes)
Add 3 tablespoons of sugar
Add one sprig (about 7 or 8 small or 3-4 large mint leaves)

Place the contents into a stone mortar and mash until lime juice, mint, sugar, lime peel, are a nice shade of light green paste

Place the contents of this into a "collins" glass. Tall skinny
fill with ice.
Fill 3/4 of glass with rum of your choicse Havana Club or Montecristo preferrable. Some good Jamaican rum works too
Top of the glass with soda water

Stir gently and enjoy..

This is by far the best recipe I've ever had. The great part about it is you can then easily adjust for more lime or less lime to your taste and more or less sugar.

Just got back from spending the weekend in Vegas. I couldn't stop thinking about those fantastic Mojitos, and am thrilled to have found this thread. As I said, I was only there for the weekend, but the Mojito and the Don Carlos Aniversario, were the highlight of the trip. I just ordered some Aniversarios online, and when they arrive I will try my hand at the Mojito recipe. Thanks guys.

I love their mojitos. Very tastey.

I spoke with one of the bartenders there and she told me about their tobacco-infused Grand Marnier. She said that they take one of those tea filters (the round metallic ball filters) and put some pipe tobacco in it. Then, pour the GM over it, and let it sit for a moment (not too long though because it'll turn to a type of poison). She then said that it's really only meant for mixing because by itself, it's too bitter and not very pleasant. Makes me wonder what other tobacco-infused stuff I could make.

1 lime cut .

Don carlos Caipirinah

and use Ypicoa Rum.

I wonder if I could infuse some Gran Marnier and how long it would take. ??? :whistling:

(Edit)Doh! that is what happens when some tops a classic thread like this :blush:, thanks for the insight on the infusion process InfrnalSky. :thumbs:

I do enjoy the occasional mojito. Here in N. New England, however, one must drink these in the closet.

Doc.

Okay, folks, I cannot make one of these for the life of me! I've tried a few times and I cannot replicate the casa fuente taste.

1 lime cut .

Don carlos Caipirinah

and use Ypicoa Rum.

Where is AVB when you need him?

The tobacco infusing process has me intrigued. The use of pipe tobacco is going to be hard to determine. Pipe tobacco is EXTREMELY varied. The ones infused with whiskey are tricky...the ones with vanilla are good...amaretto is good.