• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar pass UK

Cigarman

Thanks to everyone who posted their welcoming comments to me on the Open Pass Forum. Thanks DaveWF for moving my message to the lobby, most moderators would have deleted it!

I have to say that it's really refreshing to find a place on the net where there is so much positive talk, and people seem to really enjoy the comunity spirit that exists here, without the usual 'flame wars'.

A bit about myself and my cigars.

I used to smoke cigarettes up until about '91 when I gave up in my early twenties.

I smoked my first Cuban at Christmas 2000 at a company dinner, it was a Cohiba Siglo I and the guy who gave it to me was out to impress the directors, so had bought a dozen of these at a local store. I now realise that the thing was way too dry, but still a much better smoke than I'd ever had before.

I don't smoke that many cigars, a couple maybe 3 a week unless the weather is great and I can smoke with a beer and a good book outside, then maybe 1 a day.

As I don't smoke many it allows me to smoke good cigars and spend a bit more on them, and they are expensive here as the tax on them is high. I normally buy aged cigars, and have a good few in the humidor at all times. I enjoy the collecting part of it as much as the smoking.

At the moment I have an unopened tubed R&J #3 from about 1976, an early '80s La Gloria Cubana Gold Medal No.1, Monte #5's from '85, (awsome smoke), El Rey Lunch Club's from '98, Hoyo Epi 2's from 2000 and some Saint Luis Rey Corona's from the late '60's (not a great smoke don't think they were kept well). I also keep a couple of hundred cigars from the last couple of years of collecting, but rarely buy box quantities as I enjoy the variety, although I do buy everyday cigars in boxes when theres a good deal usually at the airport. The last I bought was in Dublin and they were Punch Exquisitos buy one get one free! (nice smoke getting better with age but not what you'd call complex)

I don't tend to buy the really big cigars, as I never get enough time to properly enjoy them, but still have a few for special occasions.

Current favorite smokes are:- Hoyo Epi 2 (almost always my #1), Opus X No.5, Cohiba Robusto, Sancho Panza Non Plus, El Rey Lunch Club '97.

I will re-post the UK CP message in a couple of days on the Open Pass forum and we'll see if I can get enough UK interest.

Thanks for a trully great site!

Howdy Cigarman & welcome to CP. Great intro and it sounds like your on your way to building up a nice selection of ceegars.... :) :thumbs: :)

Hello Cigarman,

Welcome to CigarPass, stick around and enjoy this place :thumbs:

I've got an idea, you could start a pass by sending it to one person here in the US, we could ship it all around the US and the last stop can be to me and I'll pick up the cost of sending it back to you. It would be the least I can do for someone who lives in the UK since my favorite cars are Jaguars :D

As someone mentioned in the other thread, there are two guys in Sweeden, swe-mike and azon. I don't know how costly the postage rates are between Sweeden and the UK but they might be eager to participate. I think they both live in the same city.

Ooooooo YEAH, we'll use Ponchatoula, LA as the export point back to the UK ;) and make the second to the last stop be me so I can add a few "extras" for Duane!!

This could be CP's first "International" pass.

Welcome to CP brotha.
Sounds like you have a nice collection of well-aged smokes their buddy.
CC has a pretty good idea their and with a little help from Mr. D with his 75% discount you could be well on your way to a successful first pass.
GOOD LUCK :)

Hi Guys, :)

Thanks for all the positive comments, I will look into the costs of sending to the USA, sounds like it would be good fun to do so. I'll post something in the next few days and hopefully we can get started!

Thanks again for all the welcomes.

CM

Howdy Aapo. To whom are we speaking with? You might try starting another thread as an introduction. I'll just say here... Welcome :)

Back