• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Couple of Tunes

Horse

Member 200
Here's the 2 song contest set we're doing in 4 months. We just learned them and are now polishing them for contest...4 months from now. This will also mark a first for us...we'll not wear tux's, but all be dressed as scarecrows with some additonal stage props.

If I Only Had a Brain

and

Bye Bye Blackbird

Wow! Just wow.

Are you guys a quartet? It sounds like a whole chorus of people somehow.

My last quartet kinda fizzled out when 2 members moved away. And yes, that is a whole chorus..of 50 something at last Tuesday nights rehearsal. There are quite a few muddled spots in there as we just learned the songs... but it's a good representation of our stuff.

I still have the armed forces medly that I down loaded a while back. I am going to to put it to cd, and play it for my XO. I want to play it at noon over the ships PA system on the 4th of July!

Emo

What part do you sing?

It's a shame I can't sing in tune.... when I in the college of music (I was studying trombone and tuba) we had to sing in Music Theory class. I got into a battle (actually my friends made the battle for me :p) in the class with some "bass" guy who was all full of himself because he had a scholarship. I don't remember where he bottomed out, but I sustained a C2 in tune after some warm-up :0 That's pretty freakin nice if I say so myself. :D With my crappy falsetto, I have - or had rather - over a 3.5 octave range.

Cheers,
Dixie

ooopps - I typed C1 by accident :0

Twice a year, when I get "the crud", I can sing bass. Otherwise, it's Lead (melody line most of the time) in chorus and Tenor in quartet...I help out the Tenors in the chorus when they have the melody..like at the end of If I only had a brain.

emodx said:
I still have the armed forces medly that I down loaded a while back. I am going to to put it to cd, and play it for my XO. I want to play it at noon over the ships PA system on the 4th of July!

Emo
Outstanding Emo! Just to remind you, THAT wasn't our chorus, that was the Vocal Majority, 10 times World champs in our business..and when you win, you gotta sit out till the 3rd year afterwards... That's how long they've been on top. :)

The CD it came off of was "Freedom's Song".

Back