• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Do you use Internet Explorer or Netscape

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Internet Explorer

• Total voters

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
I'm asking this question because Netscape is a poorly programmed web browser. Most sites, including CigarPass.com do not look good in Netscape. I highly recommend to anyone who uses CigarPass.com often to use Internet Explorer. You'll be much more impressed, and your experience here will be much more enjoyable.

If you do insist on using Netscape, please upgrade to version 6.1. Netscape 6.1 is much better than their previous version. You can get it here: http://home.netscape.com/computing/downloa....html?cp=hophb2

Jeff & Others who use Netscape,

You can now use Netscape if you wish when using CigarPass.com. Netscape did not understand some of the code as well as IE understood it. So, you can now use either NS or IE, and it'll look great. :)

- Rod

Hey All,

Un_Nombre_Nuevo says the problem with standards is that there are too many to choose from!

Netscape is a good browser, it just depends on what platform you are most comfortable with I think, and if you are a Linux guy <-Like me, it is the Netscape browser that comes standard with a RH Linux Installation.  The thing with Netscape is that it is VERY strict on certain html code and java(applets,scripting), and will not let things slide the way Explorer does.  Which is what makes Explorer easier to work with.  So it is preferred.

Explorer also supports some of the neat features like highlighted link rollovers, the iframe, and xml.  Opera is also another browser making some waves, but from what I have seen from different web stats and so forth is that the market still belongs to IE and IE compatible browsers like AOL, WebTV and so forth.  Just my .02.

I remember when I first got on the internet (a looooong time ago) I started with Netscape. And then IE came out, but Netscape was still the preferred browser. It *was* better in my opinion. However, over time, IE has pretty much taken over. As Un_Nombre_Nuevo said, IE is easier to work with. It is also more "feature friendly".

In any case, we're now much more Netscape Friendly. :)