• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Drinking styles..

mitchshrader

some folks are 'on the rocks' with most everything, and aren't shy about mixers..

others are a splash of water, at most.. and dodge that if possible.

it changes things. Not sure how, exactly.. but there are trends..

Folks who ice & mix, like (as a rule) stronger tastes and rougher ones, as they blend and still are noticed. No point in a subtle cognac if you're going to drown it in soda.. might as well stick to whatever the bar's serving.

I can even stand cheap bar bourbon if you put enough mixer around it. might shudder to think of HAVING to, but i could.

Now, I'm a fella thinks putting ice in whisky is blasphemy and abomination, an awful stench in the nostrils of the Lord.. much LESS any sort of dilutant, especially if it contains water as an ingredient..

just to stake out my position. :)

And, as a side effect, I prefer very civilized, smooth, complex, interesting types of booze. The sort that let you THINK about what you're tasting.. generic white wine don't hardly cut it.

Now, it's just not easy to do that kind of liquid alchemy in a hurry. Darn little booze gets fit to drink before it's teenaged. sorry about that, but it's truth. UNfortunately, that tends to push the price out of everyday reach for a lot of people, and they never grow the palate to appreciate handmade..

I wonder if anybody ever got fond of vintage single malts, or even old bourbon, mixing em? Seems like it'd be difficult..