• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Eddie George let go?

MauiJim

On the sport show Around the horn it was reported that the Tennessee Titans might let release Eddie George. Which team should sign him??
The talking heads on the show suggest either the Raiders or the Cowboys.

What do you all think??

Hmm. He has showed signs of slowing down and is coming off of off-season surgery. The question is, is he now back to 100% or did they patch him so he can break down again a few weeks into the season?

That being said, any team without a top tailback would do well to pick him up for a short term contract. My Bills don't need him because we already have about 5 different starting RBs. :lookup:

The cowboys need a running back, but they picked up someone in the draft- I had never heard of him, but they say he might have talent? I DUNNO.

I'd like to see a nice YOUNG high profile running back, but then again, I'd like to see the Cowboys have a good high profile quarter back too :thumbs:

Football season---- She is a c'min...................

It would be cool to have another OSU alum (GO BUCKS!) down here in Dallas. Eddie a much better representative of OSU than Tyson. :D That might make me want to watch a NFL game even. NAH!

Matt

Eddie is an ideal Parcells running back. He's a punishing runner who likes it between the tackles. He doesn't fumble, and he can move the chains when you need him to. Sure, he's not the hoss he once was, but Parcells doesn't need one. That rookie we picked up is a short, stocky guy from Notre Dame. He's quick, but at 5'10"... he may not be tough enough to carry the kind of load he needs to.

Given how the Cowboys traded away the chance to draft Stephen Jackson, I don't see them making a running back move this year. But who knows... I just hope Drew Henson doesn't suck. :)

Tampa Bay. They need a running game.

spts-BUCS-LOGO60.jpg

Billl

I don't think George has much left in the tank. He's the victim of overuse for a lot of years. Might be a good idea for him to cash in his chips.

lucasbuck said:
I don't think George has much left in the tank. He's the victim of overuse for a lot of years. Might be a good idea for him to cash in his chips.
As much as I like Eddie George, I must agree. He's been carrying the load for a long time. He should retire and enjoy what he's accumulated and accomplished.

M. Gipson

One could have said the same thing about Earl Campb..... nevermind, Eddie's no Earl.

Horse said:
One could have said the same thing about Earl Campb..... nevermind, Eddie's no Earl.
How dare you mention those two in the same breath?!? Earl is Longhorn legend. Eddie went to the other big school. :p

Eddie is good. He's still got a little left in the tank. Not the featured back he once was... but that's to be expected of a power runner like himself. I think he'd make a perfect with the Dallas system. He wouldn't have to carry the whole load because he would be sharing time with the rookie RB. When he's fresh, he's still pretty dominating. It's just not that frequent anymore.

Wherever he ends up, if they use him right, he's a very serviceable guy.

He is still a good back. I think he will be good anywhere. The problem is he doesnt get passed to much. Run some screens, line him out wide a few times and let a backer try to cover him. He can't take the punishment much longer, but in the open field he is tough. Just my 2 cents.
Emo