• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Far Niente

jus10

CP Shipping Guru
I am about to crack this bottle paired with a shrimp risotto with asparagus. I have never had this wineries goods. I suspect that I will like this. My fiance and I are just "getting" into wine and are looking to try some new stuff. (there is so much to learn). I will post back with my thoughts. I was hoping NorCal or any BOTL would shed some light on this Californian wine producer. :D

I've never tried a Far Niente wine, but I heard some good things about them.

I love high end (ahem, actually mid-priced) white wines.
(What am I thinking? I can't afford high-end stuff!)

I wanted to visit the winery this last time I went to Napa/Sonoma...couldn't fit them in my schedule :(

Enjoy your dinner and wine!
And please write a review about this wine...after dinner, of course ;)

I noticed that you were having asparagus with your wine.

Does it pair well with white wines?

I know (assume) there's a high sulfur content in asparagus...and it makes your pee smell bad ;)

It must be good because "dolce far niente" is my personal life philosophy!

2003 Far Niente Chardonnay is good full bodied wine with good intensity and balance, many folks find it better served on the colder side. It's a very pleasant and enjoyable wine but the price is a little high.

Hope you enjoyed it jus10, it's a little tricky to pair a wine with asparagus. I might have tried a Pinot but am interested in hearing your thoughts on the Chard.

:cool:

It's a good wine, I've had it before. Personally I fail to see why it's so pricey because there are a lot of equal or better wines for 1/2 the price.

Hope you enjoyed it though...let us know what you thought! :)

If any of your stores carry it, try the Babcock Chardonnay. Good stuff and it's under $20...

The Chard was great, but you are right about the price. It's a little pricey for what you get. The asparagus was in the dish so it wasn't overpowering. The tasted crisp whilst still giving a nice fruit taste. my favorite part about the profile was the finish it had, it was prolonged and tasted dry and clean. Good suggestion about the Temp to serve at. I did drink it pretty cold. all around good wine. over priced though. I was surprised as I usually don't like Chard. :)

buttery Chardonnay's are what I like.

I also like Viogner wines...slightly sweet, very fruity (slightly dry) white wine.

I really like the Stag's Leap Viogner.
I had it for the first time at Terra's in Napa.
Very good restaurant...pricey too.

godfather said:
If any of your stores carry it, try the Babcock Chardonnay. Good stuff and it's under $20...
[snapback]259677[/snapback]​

I hear ya the Ritta's Earth Cuvee 04 at $20 is an amazing vaule and is great to drink now. One of the few Cali Chards that got a 90 or better!

great name, famous Tuscan saying "dolce far niente" (It's sweet to do nothing)