• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Help. Taylor Fladgate 1st Estate PORT

SD_Stack

Former J.R. 1am Monitor
I had some Taylor Fladgate Port tonight at Arturo Fuente "Toast Across America" Benefit.

I need help finding out the vintage and price and where it can be obtained. I have searched the Internet and have found many bottles but none that look like the one I have. I will try to describe it for you

Taylor Fladgate First Estate Reserve 4XX Porto

The bottle is green. The writing on the bottle is not on a label but printed on the bottle itself. The writing is vertical. There is a whtie paper seal that runs front to back across the plastic capped cork and then a black tin-foil wrapper to close it. Written on the white label is:

VINHO DO PORTO
VU
590532 (this is a serial number)
GARANTIA

I thought it was an '01 Vintage but they did not make an '01 Vintage. THere are no other dates on the bottle.

The bottle appears to be old. As the bottle rested in the cellar, the entire bottom half of the bottle became covered with sediment. It is real, real old because it has the now required government warnings and a UPC code on it. I'm not sure when they started putting these on bottles.

This Port was out-of-this-world! I've got to have some.

If you need anymore bottle information, I have it here. Just ask. :D

Can you help?

Firstly, anything with a plastic cork is not "old" or "vintage" . Why there was so much sediment is something I can't answer. Taylor Fladgate does make some very nice 20 and 30 yo vintage ports at about $50 & $100 a bottle respectively. Anyway, this is a Portuguese(sp) wine and can be found in many places. They even have it here in PA so it can't be too hard to find.

Some info on it: http://www.kobrandwine.com/prodbook/tfg001.html
Buy it here: www.lukasliquor.com

AVB said:
Firstly, anything with a plastic cork is not "old" or "vintage" .
The cork was not plastic. The cork was "cork" with a plastic top made onto it.

I tried to find a bottle as you described and also came up short. All bottles I saw had labels....in your opinion could the bottle have once had a label and it no longer does?

You might want to write them directly. I would take a pic of the bottle and send it to them. Contact them....... HERE!

Thanks for looking Kenny.

The bottle has never had a label on it. Everything is imprinted onto the bottle except the label with the UPS code and manufacturer information.