• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

It’s a sad day…. (JetLine Fatboy Lighter)

Those are nice and in my opinion….I’ve wasted a lot of money on good lighters and refuse to continue. I still have some of them but after buying a cheap torch lighter from a gas station when I found myself without, I don’t think I’ll go back. I just ordered my second case of these…..
I bought the first box about five years ago. They are refillable and if I forget it somewhere or loose it I don’t care.

Yeah Tom, we boys like our toys and we gotta be cool, but after the dust settles, DuPont or JetLine, still lights the same cigar, just costs way less.

Those are nice and in my opinion….I’ve wasted a lot of money on good lighters and refuse to continue. I still have some of them but after buying a cheap torch lighter from a gas station when I found myself without, I don’t think I’ll go back. I just ordered my second case of these…..
I bought the first box about five years ago. They are refillable and if I forget it somewhere or loose it I don’t care.
Same! Xikar was worth the gamble for me until they sold out. I still prefer more than one flame jet though. Vertigo has a nice line of affordable (and reliable) triple and quadruple flame lighters.

These seemed like the sweet spot. Not too cheap and not too expensive. If these don’t work out I have some CP recommends to fall back on.

I found these on Amazon and I love them. Prior to finding these I also preferred a double or triple torch. These things hold a ton of fuel, you can see the exact content of fuel, and they are so efficient you can go back to the old days of taking your sweet time lighting a good cigar.

The head tilts and the only drawback is that they tend to stay lit for a couple seconds after you let go of the button, that was easy to live with.

1711292292886.png

Linky

I found these on Amazon and I love them. Prior to finding these I also preferred a double or triple torch. These things hold a ton of fuel, you can see the exact content of fuel, and they are so efficient you can go back to the old days of taking your sweet time lighting a good cigar.

The head tilts and the only drawback is that they tend to stay lit for a couple seconds after you let go of the button, that was easy to live with.

View attachment 80150

Linky

My Ronson was a single torch so I hope I like the triple flame after 20 years using a single.

Like an idiot, I destroyed my 20+YO Blazer torch by trying to clean the jets with some Brakleen. Absolutely crystallized and destroyed the tank. Oops.

Another $50+ lighter wasn't in the cards. So the hunt began, here are the ones I found that I liked the best:

Probably the best overall for the price....very nice, very reliable:

A little nicer, need to be bled before filling but it holds a ton. Single flame, but it's a dandy:

Best cheap lighter in the universe, period. Works every time. Comes in two sizes:

Any of these do the job, reliably and inexpensively. The Palio is my current fave, but the Vector triple flame lighters are very nice, too.

Here is my 2 cents
I ordered this lighter for the Denver Cigar Festival group to have lighters we could throw away when we were done and didn't need to travel with them. I then ordered myself a bunch for the house. I really like that you can adjust the flame by hand and it has a cigar rest on top.

This is a favorite of a lot of guys who do the Vherf Wednesday and Saturday's

This one I give an honorable mention because.... well because

Vertigo has been my standard for 5+ years now. Big clear tanks & easy adjustment wheel; these are my requirements. When I buy a lighter to use, it has to have a big clear tank and easy adjustment wheel; I won't use any that do not fit this. I still buy some other lighters, as I like to collect them a bit. So if I see something that is a bit unique, such as the Vertigo flat flames, I'll buy one to add to my collection; if it is not too expensive. But my day to day lighters are Vertigos.

Like an idiot, I destroyed my 20+YO Blazer torch by trying to clean the jets with some Brakleen. Absolutely crystallized and destroyed the tank. Oops.

Another $50+ lighter wasn't in the cards. So the hunt began, here are the ones I found that I liked the best:

Probably the best overall for the price....very nice, very reliable:

A little nicer, need to be bled before filling but it holds a ton. Single flame, but it's a dandy:

Best cheap lighter in the universe, period. Works every time. Comes in two sizes:

Any of these do the job, reliably and inexpensively. The Palio is my current fave, but the Vector triple flame lighters are very nice, too.
Dang Tom, think I'll play it safe and order one of each and "Will"what left when I pass to CP

This thread couldn’t have came at a better time. I was grabbing my lighter out of my pocket a few weeks ago while smoking cigars with my wife’s cousins, while standing next to a fire… it snagged on my keys and plopped right into the fire. Needless to say, the explosion was underwhelming…

Since then, I’ve been lighting my cigars with a Bic…

By lighting strips of cedar I saved from a few boxes of Oliva O, Melanios I bought, years ago. I appreciate the research that has been done on this topic.

Ps. Hopefully I didn’t give you a heart attack with the Bic cliffhanger. 😘

Lighter arrived. It has a nice heft to it. A lot bigger and heavier than my old Ronson. The triple flame is going to take some getting used to after using a single flame all these years. The cigar rest on the lighter cap is functional, and there is a retractable cigar punch on the bottom as well.

IMG_7887.jpeg

IMG_7893.jpeg

IMG_7894.jpeg