• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

JR Ultimate Cabinet 60 Sungrown

Lumberg

Opus Lover
Ok I know JR tends to ship their cigars wet so I packaged up the cigars for th ebox spit I am aorganizing and left my shar eout on the dinign room table..I'm single and own my house so I can to Whatever the F I want!

ANyways they got here on Thurs, this is late Fri. night/sat morning.

I couldn't resist so I put the torch to one of the #60s.

Immediately I coudl tell it was still on the wet side. After 24+ hours out in the low humidity of a heated house. So fair warning to my fellow splitters. Let these babies stabilize for a while.

Taste: well delicious as expected. I was sipping some homebrew Oatmeal stout Xmas presentr from my brewmaster bud. As we knwo JR Sabinets go well with stout, anothe rreason I broke these out early. Delicious, everything you want out of a SG cigar.

Burn: definitely a cone shape on the cherry. Means the outside was drier than the inside. See above. Stayed lit even when I put it down for what seemed lie pretty long periods. had to re-light once after I put it down for a while. Pretty flexible cigar. Stayed pretty even. after 1/2 way through got a little uneven but nothing serious. this was after the re-light, which wasn't very even to begin with.

Ash: pretty good. Knocked off quite easily after an inch or so. Not like a Hemingway. Satisfactory, but wouldn't have won a long-ash contest.

Draw: kinda tight at first but produced plenty of smoke.

GOt rather harsh about 1/2 way through, but I think it's my state of mind because I'm smoking one of the candelas now which seems rather harsh to me.

By harsh I mean that taste you get when you get towards the end of the cigar and it starts to overwhelm you.

Nice review Lumby!!

Good to see you're enjoyin'
guinness_drinking.gif
as well!!

Yep, I let just about every shipment of JR cigars I get sit for a while. I just got a box of Remedios today (well they weren't right from JR's they made a stop at PhoenixAshes in-laws's house first, but that's a whole 'nother story :D )

So, I immediately took the cello off the box and put them in my 65RH coolerdor where they're gonna sit for a few months before I even attempt to smoke one.

Mighty fine review, Lumberg! Maybe I should try one myself! LMAO :D