• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lord Stanley's Cup

ormdh

Saturday is the beginning of what is, IMHO, the most intense championship series/game, The Stanley Cup. If you are a hockey fan, you know what I mean. There is nothing like it in any sport.
This year it is Colorado Avalanche vs. New Jersey Devils. My prediction is The Av's win. I am looking forward to a great series.
Anyone else following this?

Well, you got this one right. It'll be th AVs. Since the Devils' got a great defense, I'll say in six.

colorado and st. louis both looked pretty weak in the last round. nj's strength is more evenly distributed and roy is just not as good as brodeur. you won't see forsberg returning minus one spleen despite the rumours either. nj will win.

hmm, this could be worth a few cigars even. anyone? 1st game starts 8pm eastern tonight.

I already have some other bets going djm. If you are still interested I could probably wager, say, 5 cigars. All good ones. No puppy projectiles.

better save those sticks, ormdh, you might need 'em. hehe you guys enjoying the series so far? i'll be at game #6 tomorrow night. hopefully get to see the cup come out.

haha, you never know. especially since the devils have a habit of not showing up at the game unless they're in a pinch. they get over-confident too easily. now that they have a lead, it wouldn't surprise me if they blow tonight's game and then have to rally to win game 7. plus they've been playing better on the road. roy needs to stop trying to handle the puck like brodeur and stay in his net. oh wait, no he doesn't. hehe
be nice to put an end to the season tonite tho so i can officially start my summer. (in other sporting news....go sixers!)

I think the Av's win tonight with big performances by Roy and Hejduk. Sakic will play alright and the rumors about Forsberg coming back for game 7 continue to fly.

hejduk! what a keeper! if he keeps up his playoff performance up like he is, he'll be the next claude lemieux. (colorado's favorite hockey player, hehe)avs have no choice but to come out like a house of fire and the devs will probably be snoozing. arnott is supposed to be back and they played better without him. sakic's been shutdown since game one, so who knows what he'll do? i think the forsberg rumours float when their position starts getting questionable, but i still don't think he'll play. (personally, i wish philly would have kept him, but that's another story) if the avs don't take the cup this year, they're probably going to lose a lot of those free-agents. i'm looking forward to this summer's trades as much as i am to seeing the end of this series. particularly where lindros, leclair, sakic, & tkachuk wind up.

The Av's came out and left it all on the ice tonight. Very good showing from the young ones. Tanguay and Drury were on it. It was Roy and Adam Foote that did all the damage tonight though. That is 4 shut outs in these playoffs for Roy and Foote had a goal and 2 assists. Game 7 in Denver ought to be fun.

yep, and the devils played thier own classic style of hockey. this has been thier typical style all season. if they're not in the hotseat or if nothing gets them riled up, they don't come to the game. but, the pressure's back on, so they will be at game 7. well, now the devil's owe me a stanley cup for my birthday, haha. should be a great game.outside of the playoffs, what are your favorite team(s) anyway?

I really don't have another team that I would call a favorite. I was living in Denver when the Av's came to town. That was the end of a long wait for the NHL to return to Colorado. We had a team up until the early 80's but they moved after being sold. That leads me to this very easy trivia question:What NHL team, besides the Av's, has called Denver home?

so the avs are your favorite.well naturally, denver had the rockies which are now the nj devils. and the flyers traded half their team to quebec for lindros (including forsberg) and that's when quebec finally got a decent lineup, then they moved to denver and became the avalanche. so the devils are from colorado and colorado began heavily populated by flyers. easy.

Well, it's finally here. Game seven. I'm still sticking by the Avs. They just skunked the Devils for the second time in the series. And they'll do it again for the third and final time.

nah, i expected the last game to go that way, but neither team is getting skunked tonight. this should be an edge of the seat game. oh yeah, and the devils will win.

It is done. The Av's are the Stanley Cup Champions! It is sweet. I don't know how much sleep I will be getting tonight. The phone is ringing off the hook from all my friends in Denver.

colorado was definitely the best team of that series. congrats, guys! larry robinson was right when he said that if the devils needed to be motivated everytime they played they didn't deserve to be there. the good news for me is that i don't have to listen to the world's biggest devils fan, my mother-in-law, gloat about them for another year, haha. (i'm a flyers fan)

well the summer trading season is underway. some of the more interesting moves so far:jeremy roenick from phoenix to philadelphia
martin lapointe & sean o'donnell to boston
pierre turgeon from st. louis to dallas
doug weight from edmonton to st. louis and
DOMINIC HASEK to DETROIT (from buffalo)