• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Montecristo Afrique

CoventryCat86

Corresponding authority
thejollyco was nice enough to gift me one of these cigars recently. I had never heard of them before but noticed that they are featured in the latest JR catalog.

They are "handcrafted from mostly African tobaccos from Cameroon and Tanzania."

I had the "Machame" or 5 x 44 size, a nice little corona.

Appearance was very appealing, with a slightly oily wrapper.
Construction was excellent
Draw was darn near perfect (since I'm starting to prefer the tighter draw of Havanas, this one was right on the money for me!)
The taste of the wrapper was a little harsh (now remember, if a cigar is not a maduro, it's darn near impossible for me to like it).
This is a medium to full bodied smoke with a strong aroma.
The cigar burned very evenly and for a corona, it burned nice and cool compared to many other coronas I've smoked over the years.
As far as "finish" I'm not sure I quite understand the concept of "finish" but it was consistent right to the very end.

These are well priced cigars, from JR a box of 25 goes for $94.95, definately worth the money.

I personally would not buy a box of these since they are not maduros nor are they available in a maduro wrapper :(

So, there ya have it, another review by me.

Thanks for the review Bill. I love the Afriques. The Uhuru (robusto) is much better then the Machame IMO. I love maduros too but a good cammie is hard to beat and the Afrique is one of the best :thumbs:

I have to agree, for a camroon they are excellant. I bought a box of the Kilimanjhara. At first they were a little harsh, but after six weeks in the hummi they were great. I still have two in deep sleep. They will go perfect on the golf course this spring.

M3

Hey Jorge,
When we do that Cuaba trade, I'll toss one in. I think I have a Kilimanjaro and a Sublimation sitting in the coolerdor. ;)