• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Presidents & cigars quiz

SFG75

Master-passer
I decided to start this thread since the Bill Clinton book discussion was getting a little heated. ??? Sharpen that pencil and see how you do!

Presidents & their cigars quiz

1.)The first president to smoke cigars in the White House was…..
a.George Washington b.John Quincy Adams c.James Madison

2.)This president’s wife smoked cigars with him
a.Bill Clinton b.Andrew Jackson c.Rutherford B. Hayes

3.)This president smoked 20 cigars a day!
a.Ulysses S. Grant b.Chester A. Arthur c.Jimmy Carter

4.)Heaviest president, also gave up smoking cigars in the White House
a.John Adams b.William Taft c.Theodore Roosevelt d.Bill Clinton

5.)President who smoked cigars at 8:00 a.m. while discussing politics with senators
a.Herbert Hoover b.Calvin Coolidge c.Woodrow Wilson

6.)He loved H. Upmann Petit Cornoas
a.John F. Kennedy b.Dwight D. Eisenhower c.Bill Clinton

7.)He smoked cigars with his son-in-law and future president of the confederacy, Jefferson Davis
A. Andrew Jackson b. Millard Filmore c.Zachary Taylor d.Richard Nixon

8.)He used Jefferson Davis’s prized cigar holder and coffee brewer after the civil war
a.Andrew Johnson b.Abraham Lincoln c.James Buchanan

9.)He didn’t smoke, but didn’t ban smoking in the White House
a.Ronald Reagan b.George H. W. Bush c.Bill Clinton d.Jimmy Carter

10.)Room in the White House that was used for cigar smoking after state dinners in the 1950s
a.Green room b.Lincoln bedroom c.Clinton champagne room

Answers? You can find them in this article

Scoring-take ten off for each one missed.

This will give away one of the answers, but I love this part...

"There is also the legendary story of Kennedy's orders to Press Secretary Pierre Salinger to go out and find as many of his favorite H. Upmann Petit Coronas before the president signed the Cuban trade embargo. Salinger found nearly 1,200 of the cigars, bought them, and reported the purchase to Kennedy. The U.S. leader promptly signed the embargo."

other1 said:
This will give away one of the answers, but I love this part...

"There is also the legendary story of Kennedy's orders to Press Secretary Pierre Salinger to go out and find as many of his favorite H. Upmann Petit Coronas before the president signed the Cuban trade embargo. Salinger found nearly 1,200 of the cigars, bought them, and reported the purchase to Kennedy. The U.S. leader promptly signed the embargo."
I heard about it before, Thompson's mentions it in their catalog/magazine to try and increase sales. :D It is a great story, I must say that I can't blame the former president, that stuff is goooood.

Thanks for the link Scott. I was able to answer quite a few of your questions mostly just by knowing who was president when ;) The few books I read are about US Presidents.

other1 said:
Salinger found nearly 1,200 of the cigars, bought them, and reported the purchase to Kennedy. The U.S. leader promptly signed the embargo."

That's barely a year's supply! What was he thinking? :D