• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rules........

gawntrail

Reaction score
"We always hear "the rules" from the female side. Now here are the rules from the male side. These are our rules! Please note these are all numbered "1" ON PURPOSE! Print this out. If you're a Man pass to your partner for a greater understanding. If you're a woman keep it somewhere prominent like on the fridge!

1. Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don't hear us bitching about you leaving it down.

1. Birthdays, Valentines, and Anniversaries are not quests to see if we can find the perfect present yet again!

1. Sometimes we are not thinking about you. Live with it.

1. Saturday = sports. It's like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be.

1. Don't cut your hair. Ever. Long hair is always more attractive than short hair. One of the big reasons guys fear getting married is that married women always cut their hair, and by then you're stuck with her.

1. Shopping is NOT a sport. And no, we are never going to think of it that way.

1. Crying is blackmail.

1. Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one: Subtle hints do not work! Strong hints do not work! Obvious hints do not work! Just say it!

1. We don't remember dates. Mark birthdays and anniversaries on a calendar. Remind us frequently beforehand.

1. Most guys own three pairs of shoes - tops. What makes you think we'd be any good at choosing which pair, out of thirty, would look good with you dress?

1. Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.

1. Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That's what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.

1. A headache that lasts for 17 months is a problem. See a doctor.

1. Check your oil! Please.

1. Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become null and void after 7 days.

1. If you think you're fat, you probably are. Don't ask us. We refuse to answer.

1. If something we said can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.

1. Let us ogle. We are going to look anyway; it's genetic.

1. You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it done. Not both. If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.

1. Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during commercials.

1. Christopher Columbus did not need directions, and neither do we.

1. The relationship is never going to be like it was the first two months we were going out. Get over it. And quit whining to your girlfriends.

1. ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a color. We have no idea what mauve is.

1. If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that.

1. We are not mind readers and we never will be. Our lack of mind-reading ability is not proof of how little we care about you.

1. If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing," we will act like nothing's wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.

1. If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, expect an answer you don't want to hear.

1. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine. "Really".

1. Don't ask us what we're thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as navel lint, the offside rule, or motorbikes.

1. You have enough clothes.

1. You have too many shoes.

1. No you really do have too many shoes.

1. It is neither in your best interest or ours to take the quiz together. No, it doesn't matter which quiz.

1. BEER is as exciting for us as handbags are for you.

1. I'm in shape. ROUND is a shape.

Thank you for reading this; Yes, I know, I have to sleep on the couch tonight, but did you know we really don't mind that, it's like camping."

*edited in - Courtesy of Cigar Dave @ www.smokethis.com

Simple enough for even the most sophisticated wife to understand. I thought this was great. I haven't stopped laughing. I'm going right home and posting this on my refrigerator, and the bathroom mirror.

M. Gipson :p

Good luck. :thumbs: Very concerned about your survival. Please post later tonight so we will know your OK.

Printing copies now, 1 for the fridge and another for "HER" bathroom mirror :p

Put one on the fridge, one on the main bathroom mirror (above the double sinks), AND one on her vanity mirror.

Taped them up about 7 PM PDT. It's now 945 PM PDT - still alive..........

(I'll probably catch hell about 9 AM tomorrow morning - that's when she gets dolled up to go shopping with her girlfriends, and I always call her to remind her not too spend too much $$)

M. Gipson ;)

A few more 'Rules' courtesy of Cigar Dave

Sunday = Sports. It's like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be.

If you won't dress like the Victoria's Secret girls, don't expect us to act like soap opera guys.

If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.

Don't ask us what we're thinking about, unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as football, the shotgun formation, monster trucks, and cigars!

I do like the Fine Arts. Exotic Dancing is a wonderful form of creative expression.

*Addendum taped next to the original lists :p

M. Gipson :)

DAMN oak... that is off the charts.

Though you gotta remember this is the generation that fought in WWII, so coming home after that, plus that one income could support a very well off middle income family...

Today it takes 2 incomes and a whole lot more pain.

Still is over the top... 'A woman should know her place' :0 Ive been slapped badly in the past.. saying that would get me knocked out COLD. :D

WOW! That sure makes 1955 seems a lot longer ago :p
Guess I won't share this with my SO. She would'nt see the humor :sign:

Bill

No word from gawntrail this morning. I fear she may have destroyed him. :0

oak said:
If she didn't kill you yet - Here's something genuinly offensive for you to show her:

Real Page from a Housekeeping Magazine (circa 1955)

Interesting how real-life from '55 can exceed humor from 2004? Truth is stranger than fiction, eh...

Just posting this as a curiousity... no one send your SO's my way for vengeance... ;)

- Oak
I saw this 5/13/55 article once before. Whether it's real or not remains a question, but it certainly is hilarious. Not to take away from it, but I found an updated version of it obviously posted/created by some broad. :sign: It's still funny too. Take a look:

From Millenium Woman Monthly, May 2003

Have Dinner Ready:

Make reservations ahead of time. If your day becomes too hectic just leave him a voice mail message regarding where you’d like to eat and what time. This lets him know that your day has been crappy and gives him an opportunity to change your mood.

Prepare Yourself:

A quick stop at the “LANCOME” counter on your way home will do wonders for your outlook and will keep you from becoming irritated every time he opens him mouth. (Don’t forget to use his credit card!)

Clear Away The Clutter:

Call the housekeeper and tell her that any miscellaneous items left on the floor by the children can be placed in the Goodwill box in the garage.

Prepare The Children:

Send the children to their rooms to watch television or play Nintendo video games. After all, both of them are from his previous marriages.

Minimize The Noise:

If you happen to be home when he arrives, be in the bathroom with the door locked.

Some DON’TS:

Don’t greet him with problems or complaints. Let him speak first, and then your complaints will get more attention and remain fresh in his mind throughout dinner. Don’t complain if he’s late for dinner; simply remind him that the leftovers are in the refrigerator and you left the dishes for him to do.

Make Him Comfortable:

Tell him where he can find a blanket if he’s cold. This will really show you care.

Listen To Him:

But don’t ever let him get the last word.

Make The Evening His:

Never complain if he does not take you out to dinner or to other places of entertainment; go with a friend or go shopping (and again-use his credit card).

The Goal:

Try to keep things amicable without reminding him that he only thinks the world revolves around him. Obviously he’s wrong, it revolves around you.

:p

She laid low till tonight. She says, "That list you put on the mirror? I've been looking at it.............Lot's of it makes sense, some of it is pretty funny, but the Victoria's Secret one..........Are you saying you don't like my pajamas?" :0

I look her straight in the face and say, "Victoria's Secret models don't wear pajamas." She then gets an interesting look on her face and says, "Is this Victoria's Secret enough for you? (as she holds up one of those flimsy, skimpy, see through nightie things and whips out the lotion/oil/smell good panty drawer things. Then she says, " as for Saturdays and Sundays..........."

Needless to say..........I caved in on a few of the 'rules'.

Rest assured though, I wear the Pants...........she just picks them out for me :p

Still alive,

M. Gipson