• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Best Franks ever

wam79

I used to live in the northeast. I have been telling new friends how good the food was on the mainland. I am especially trying to get Hummell(sp?) Brothers Franks. They are made in New Haven CT. Definitely the best Hotdog I have ever had :p
Anyhow if anyone knows of someplace I can contact that ships food...

Bill

the company might send some out.

in WI, hit up Usingers and Klements, best around and they ship!
:thumbs:

How can he do a hotdog tour without stopping at Gray's Papaya?

I hear Cogal hotdogs are good. They are in MI. I have had almost every national brand. Doing school fieldtrips as part of my job I bet I have cooked thousands over an open fire grill in the 13 years I have worked here. The best by far for grilling consistence are echrich beef and Kroger Beef.

For me, half of what makes a good frank or hot dog, is the toppings and the bun. I live about 90 miles from Chicago and I have become a convert to the Chicago dog. A poppi seed bun is a must; toppings include mustard, this bright green relish, tomato, onion, a hot pepper or 2, and the secret is to shake some celery salt on top. There now are 4 or 5 places in Milwaukee where they sell pretty good Chicago dogs.

As for the dog itself, Usinger makes a might good dog, with a real natural casing.

Usinger's, the best bratwurst available outside of Germany. :thumbs:

Klements is good and easy to get ahold of in southern wisconsin because of their grocery store distribution. Also make a great italian sausage.

Beer, Cheese, and Sausage... the 3 things wisconsites had to be proud of before the Green Bay Packers got Brett Farve and a winning record again. :D

Hi Newbie here, but am in the shipping business, and yes I have shipped weinies all over the world!! some attached to the owner, some not!! I would suggest to save you money, that you contact the mfg directly arrange purchase, and fedex delivery with dry ice to ship to you. they will ship in a styrofoam cooler. Was I not in Texas I would ship for you but I cant get these franks in Texas....good luck and happy grilling....FullMoon :thumbs:

I'll toss in my 2 cents about The Hot Dog Shoppe in Warren Ohio. Not the best but pretty good and cheap. :thumbs:

Thanks for the ideas.
I contacted the mfg. it'll cost $100 to ship 10 lbs of franks :0
I remember the franks being so delicious I'm willing to pay for em. I was talking to a guy at work about this and he might do a box split with me :p
Somehow $50 for 5 lbs of franks doesn’t seem as expensive :D

Bill