• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Power of a Cigar

Roseysman

Still Me
Well I went up to my campsight last night to check on it after all the thunder storms we have been haveing. We got all the way there and not a hair outta place, everything was in perfect order a wasted trip I thought at first.
Thats when my g/f came up to me to let me know that the owner had let her know that the deck next to our unit was up for sale and that she would like to have it. So I look, its 3 seperate 8'X8'decks that can be put In any position I want and that it also came with 2 smaller 4'x6' and a 4'x4' deck also, these he used as steps off of his camper even has a couple of benches thrown in. All this was proffesionally built last year.Well to make a long story short he was asking 400+ for it but for me it would cost me $200 and the AF Chateau Double Fuente I had sticking outta my pocket, seems as thou the camp owner is a BOTL. I'm going back tonight he's gonna move it and help me level it only stipulation he has is that he can stop by and smoke one with me now and then. Such a deal or in the words of former President Bill Clinton " Never underestimate the power of a well placed cigar"

Awesome Deal bro, I think you just may have found a new smoking buddy. Good for you. :thumbs:

Oh, and congrats on the new Deck, be sure and break it in right. ;)

Roseysman said:
Well I went up to my campsight last night to check on it after all the thunder storms we have been haveing. We got all the way there and not a hair outta place, everything was in perfect order a wasted trip I thought at first.
Thats when my g/f came up to me to let me know that the owner had let her know that the deck next to our unit was up for sale and that she would like to have it. So I look, its 3 seperate 8'X8'decks that can be put In any position I want and that it also came with 2 smaller 4'x6' and a 4'x4' deck also, these he used as steps off of his camper even has a couple of benches thrown in. All this was proffesionally built last year.Well to make a long story short he was asking 400+ for it but for me it would cost me $200 and the AF Chateau Double Fuente I had sticking outta my pocket, seems as thou the camp owner is a BOTL. I'm going back tonight he's gonna move it and help me level it only stipulation he has is that he can stop by and smoke one with me now and then. Such a deal or in the words of former President Bill Clinton " Never underestimate the power of a well placed cigar"
And I always thought that...being on the receiving end that she was...it was Monica who uttered those words. :sign: :sign:

Being a man with some deck building experience I don't see how they could be too mobile. An 8x8' deck isn't all that light to be moving around, espcially if there are support posts.

Anyway, it sounds like a great deal, just the cost of the lumber would be well over the $400 asking price so at $200 you stole it. :thumbs:

AVB said:
Being a man with some deck building experience I don't see how they could be too mobile. An 8x8' deck isn't all that light to be moving around, espcially if there are support posts.

Anyway, it sounds like a great deal, just the cost of the lumber would be well over the $400 asking price so at $200 you stole it. :thumbs:
You're assuming the deck is made out of wood. :sign: Hell, it could be made out of MDF for all we know. :sign:

It wouldn't have lasted the winter if it was MDF, guess again. ;)

All presure treated wood and he will be using a tractor and a fork lift type vehicle to move them, also its flat ground about 40' to move it and it sits on cement patio blocks so it shouldnt be that hard gonna put one in screenroom off of the camper and others under the 12'x20' dinning canopy overlooking the pond. Now all I need their is a wood burning hot tub and a satellite connectoion for pc lol :p

Good stuff brother.

Deals simply need to be primered.

Enjoy the outdoors.

M. Gipson

Great deal considering AF Chateau Double Fuente's usually cost quite a bit less then $200 :D

When I was in high school my friends dad had a pop-up camper overlooking one of the rivers at Harper's Ferry, WV. He did the same thing, bought a deck from somebody who was moving to another spot. Since us kids used the place every weekend just about we got elected to move it. Took 6 teenagers and two adults about 2 hours to move it and reset it on pieces of railroad ties. We had to walk it a good 50 yards.
This was great, short hike to swim, then lay on deck in the sun, drinking (sodas... cause we were underage ;) ) no police for miles, living on hot dogs and marshmallows for two days straight.

AVB said:
It wouldn't have lasted the winter if it was MDF, guess again. ;)
Hell AVB, you're taking me far too goddamn seriously. :) Christ, if it were MDF it wouldn't have lasted my session upon it after a twelve pack. Pssst, by the way for next time, it wasn't a "guess," it was sarcasm and an attempt at a half-assed joke since no mention was ever made whether the fuc*in' thing was made out of wood, bronze, marble, aluminum or cottage cheese.

Jeeze. Gotta be a fuc*in' eggshell walker around here for fear of everyone taking every goddamn thing muttered as something being serious. :sign: :sign:

Next time, for clarity's sake, I'll make sure to post a disclaimer, so all the pseudo-intellectual types out there don't waste their time (or mine) posting some type of no-nonsense, Foghorn Leghorn kind of response. "Hell boy, I say hell boy, ain't nuthin' outta no mdf gonna hold up to no Montana (or insert your other god-forsaken state's name here) winter."

:D

The camp site must be nice this time of year
Is it in the NH forest/woods?

I'm in 80 acres of deep forest only 10 is used for campsights and my sight is on a bluff overlooking a spring fed pond. Also campground owns another 10 acres of riverfront property on a class 4 river directly across from the main entrance. I been told the US Olympic Kayak team was there training this April/May.
I'm usually up there every weekend as its only 20 to 30 minutes from my home.