• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The War hits close to home

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
As some of you may know I'm a retired service man. I just found out that one of my guys, Sgt. Sherwood Baker, Woody to those that knew him, was killed in Iraq. Take a moment to say a prayer for his wife Debra and their two kids.

Sorry to hear such sad news. Do you keep in touch with your old outfit, or did you just happen to hear his name in the news?

Dave ???

I keep in touch with guys through out my career. In this case it was from his Platoon Sgt who was also one of my young privates many years ago.

To Sgt. Sherwood Baker, Thank you from the bottom of my family's hearts! For your service to your/our country. May God keep you close and help you keep an eye on your family.

To his wife and children, you are in my prayers too.

and to you AVB, I am sorry for your loss as well.

Prayers going out to Sgt. Bakers family. Also to the rest of the brave Americans serving our country. Proud of them all.

Words cannot express the debt we all owe to those that serve and give "their last full measure of devotion" so the rest of us may enjoy our freedoms.
My heart goes out to you, to Woody's wife and children, and to all those others in similar situations.

statelandman said:
Words cannot express the debt we all owe to those that serve and give "their last full measure of devotion" so the rest of us may enjoy our freedoms.
My heart goes out to you, to Woody's wife and children, and to all those others in similar situations.
There is nothing left to say. God speed Woody!

:( The ultimate sacrifice

Prayers sent to the family, and to you for you all and this country have lost a hero in the name of freedom. AVB and I say this with all sincerity, my thoughts are with you, if I may from one veteran to another call you freind.

AVB,

I am truely sorry to hear about Sgt Baker. It's a loss for all of us :(

Prayers go out to his wife and family.

BenjieV :(

It's always heartbreaking to hear such devastating news.
My prayers go out to the Sarge's family.

Sorry to hear the sad news. ???

I'm sure he will get a couple days leave and then will be assigned to guard the "Pearly Gates"!

God bless his family!

Semper Fi!!!

Floyd T.

My prayers go out to Sgt Bakers family and friends and all the other soldiers, sailors & airmen then served and gave up their lives to keep America safe.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God. Matthew 5:9 (NIV)

M. Gipson

Consider it done AVB, and I will continue to keep them in my prayers. Sorry for your loss as well.

Eternal God, we humbly beseech You that your hand of mercy extend to all United States Marines from sea to shining sea, from ports near and far, amphibious bases and airfields, to embassies around the world. Wherever our Marines stand watch this day may they be persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate them from the love of God.

Lord, stand beside these Marines whom you have called to serve. Help them to serve honorable. Give them courage, strength and skill, and if they are called to sacrifice may it be worthy of their Lord.

God, we pray that you would sustain our Marines, and just as they are always faithful to the Corps, we ask that you would call them by name, and they would hear your voice and they would be faithful to you.

Semper Fidelis.