• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Thompson cigar

lamaida

Hi All...

I'm new to this forum. I've been smoking stogies for about 9 years.

I've heard that a lot of cigar smokers don't like 'Thompson Cigar', and I was curious why. I've stopped ordering from 'Thompson' as past boxes have not been very high-quality, and service is average at best. Now I order from 'Cigars International.' They're about the same price-wise, but the quality of the cigars seems much better.

So I'm curious to hear about any of your experiences (good or bad) with 'Thompson.'

And do you reccommend any other companies?

thanks!

Welcome to CP :) I've always had good luck with CI, now head over to the Newbie Sampler Thread and I know the guys will take care of you. Gregor

I agree with you on Thompsons. I too ordered from them when I first started out but avoid them like the plague now. Anyway, welcome to CP! You'll love it here :)

I live about 20 mins from Thompsons....all they have is a BIG warehouse and a call center..the retail store is in the lobby sectioned off by cubicle dividers.

Thompsons (the parent company) also sells linens and ladies cloths for those that are interested.

90% of thier business is thier own product packages (Thompson cigars/huimidors)..they repackage many of the qualilty brands and include some of thier own.

I can honestly say I have never smoked a Thompson cigar...but for someone looking to get a bundle deal it is not bad entry point for the extreme newbie.

I prefer my local tobaconist's & select online retailers

Rnccen

I started out buying from Thompsons as well and quickly learned that there were better vendors out there. There cigars are poorly made and their delivery and customer service leaves a lot to be desired.