• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Trying to decide....

dixieland_conjunction

If it isn't dixieland, it isn't REAL jazz
Reaction score
Here's my quandry:

For equal $$ I can either:

1. Go to NYC for Labor Day Weekend
See 3 Broadway shows on broadway I really want to see
Herf it with the boys :)

2. Subscribe to all the following
Broadway Lights Series here (4 broadway shows)
Carolina Concert Series (5 concerts including Canadian Brass - my favorite Brass ensemble)
Community Theatre Summer Series (4 plays)
Carolina Dance Theatre (5 performances)
Mostly Motzart Symphony Series (4 concerts)
Pay for parking at all these events

Given the choice I'm leaning more towards option 2 ??? I was just up in NYC and this Labor Day trip would be 2 weeks after I get back from a long stay in Vegas.

Thoughts, opinions?

Cheers,
Dixie

I've never been to NYC, so that would be my answer. Herfin' with the boys is worth more than a few concerts, don't you think?

Envite the boys down to see one of your concerts and then herf. :thumbs:

I say go for the subscriptions. NYC is always great but you can make it up here anytime.

I like NYC. But why would you go on Labor Day? Have you explored all of the various ways to cut the cost of lodging, airfare and tickets to shows available through the net?

NYC is always gonna be there. How many other chances you gonna get to see them concerts? Forget the sausage part with the boys, you can do that another time. :p

golfgar said:
I like NYC.  But why would you go on Labor Day?  Have you explored all of the various ways to cut the cost of lodging, airfare and tickets to shows available through the net?

First, it's a company holiday :thumbs:

Second, I am God of Online Frugality. Trust me! ;) Literally 50-60% of goods I buy is online. That donesn't sound like that much, but when you consider that we can't get gas and fresh produce online it'll be in prespective. I estimate that OVERALL I'm able to sustain a standard of living comparable to someone with ~30% more income who doesn't shop online :thumbs:

Cheers,
Dixie

Is your sweet honey budgeted into either of these scenerios?

I'd go for scenerio #2 if it includes her, #1 if solo...

That's a lot of concerts to sit through alone....

cvmfour said:
Please....Do Tell...What's the secret DC?
The absolute very best thing you can do IMO is:

1. Sign up for a Paypal.com account.
2. Become "verified" (verify your home address)
3. Tie it to a checking account
4. Become "premier" (Money Market account holder)
5. Become a business member

The result of this is you will:

- get a MasterCard debit card (but always use as a credit card - very important)
- earn 1% interest on your PP account balance
- get a 1.5% discount :0 (cash back bouns) on EVERY purchase you make

- only disadvantages I've seen are that it takes 4 business days for deposits to the PP account to finish and you won't have anything but eMial support. A small price to pay to get $100s back every year :thumbs: There is no fee for any of the services mentioned above.

That's step 1. :D

DC, it sounds like you get a lot more bang going to all of the other events than for a weekend in NYC, but there is no place like it and in the end it is not an inexpensive proposition. Last time there we saw two shows and one symphony, ate at some great places and smoked a good cigar at one of the few venues still allowing smoking. Good luck choosing.

Step 2.

restaurant.com eBay auctions
I got 3 $40 gift certificates (that's $120 value for you mathphobes) for one of my favorite resturants for $26. It's somewhere I go regularly anyway :thumbs:

deepdiscountdvd.com
for dvds. The cheapest -period! If you can wait until christmas -they'll put out a 20% off coupon in USAToday. Last Christmas I got $760 in DVDs for just over $300 :)

nirt-o seller on eBay
for REALLY nice business clothes

Overstock.com
pretty much a little of everything

Netgrocer.com
for food Check for coupons - they almost always have a free shipping or 15% off coupon. Waaay cheaper than your local stores anyway.

Atlanticcigar.com
for domestic stogies

I should charge for this info.

ALWAYS check for coupons before you buy from an online store. Say it's shoebuy.com (good site BTW).... go to Google and enter: shoebuy.com coupon

There might not alway be something, but 20 seconds of checking the forst 5 matches might save you $$

Cheers,
Dixie