• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

University Logo Hunt

MauiJim

The University of Hawaii is in the hunt for a new school logo. There are 3 finalist who will receive $5000.00 with the winner to receive an additional $5000.00

Last year UH paid a Maryland designer $82,000.00 for logos that were rejected.

I would have thought that UH official would have asked the students who attend UH to participate, with the winner to receive either one semester of paid tuition or for that matter after the $82,000.00 being paid why not one year paid tuition for the winner?

Any thoughts??

I vote for a topless hula babe on one side (to attract the guys) and a studly samoan surfer dude on the other (for the girls) :thumbs:

MauiJim said:
I would have thought. . .
I wouldn’t have thought that for a second. I pretty much think the worst about people in general. And, from that warped perspective, it has always been my observation that people do not appropriately value the services of others.
e.g. At parties and gatherings, people ask Doctors for a free medical opinion; people think it is outrageous that an electrician charges them $150. when it “only took half an hour to fix a faulty outlet”; people think it’s ok to download music, etc. etc. Every one is guilty of it, even the people reading this thread right now.

Not only does the University fail to appreciate the value of the services being solicited; but additionally it fails to believe that a “student” could ever contribute anything of professional value.

Well, what can you do? The world is full of clueless deadbeats.

They ought to offer a free ride for the winning student instead of trying to basically get something they will sell on everything(jackets, hats, t-shirts, notebooks, glasses, stadium pillows, etc.) for nothing.