• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

watermelon and vodka

hobbes1

Reaction score
This is a really funny thing I saw an American friend of mine make. Great for a barbie or party. Wish I’d known about this when I was going to school parties–I could have walked in with my watermelon and got all my mates completely sloshed! Needs to be started a few days–even a week–before you can plan to eat it.

1 large, ripe watermelon--give it a smell and slap to check for ripeness
1 bottle best quality vodka (or even champagne)

Simply cut a hole in the top of the melon, wide and deep enough to insert a funnel. Pour some of your chosen alcohol into the melon through the funnel, leave to sit for a day and pour in some more. The flesh will absorb the liquid, so pour in some more the next day--basically until it becomes saturated. When ready to serve, slice up into nice big pieces and get all your mates plastered on it!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/re...6_14317,00.html

has anyone tried this... its been the 4th day and i put 4 shots into the watermelon and the vodka level has not gone down much... im planning to give it a week and put as much vodka in it. ill post my results

I did this back in 1984 when I was a teenager and went down to L.A. for the Summer Olympics. My uncle soaked a few watermellons with 1/2 gallon of Stohles for 4-5 days. I ate two pieces and passed out on Huntington Beach. I woke up with a headache and a sun-burn from hell. Not the best of memories. ;)

I've done it with vodka and with rum. 151 works pretty well from the little I remember.

I did this with Vodka, while camping with a large group of friends. We went for a week and left the 2 Watermelons, sealed with duct tape in the creek to stay cool. On the 5th evening after dinner we had that for dessert. All I can say is that's all I remember. Oh, and it tasted gooood!! :love:

Like others have said, this was a favorite back in high school days. We didn't bother with a funnel, or high-priced vodka as we couldn't afford it, just cut a plug in the watermelon large enough to fit the neck of the bottle, put in the bottle, removed bottle when empty, replaced plug, cut, ate watermelon.

The melon killed most of the taste of the vodka, and provided a nice way to get one hell of an alcohol buzz!!

how big did you gut the watermelon??? i think mines too small i only fit 4 shots into it

Cut a 1" hole in the watermellon and take out a plug about 3" or more long. Unscrew the vodka top, jam the bottle neck down into the hole and put back in the fridge for 3-5 days.

how big did you gut the watermelon??? i think mines too small i only fit 4 shots into it

I've done it with vodka and with rum. 151 works pretty well from the little I remember.
Sounds like a RECON recipe for napalm. Do you eat it or ignite it? :laugh:

Doc.

Instead of wasting time...
Drink shot of vodka, then take a bite of watermelon.
Repeat process until Hillary Clinton looks hot.
:sign: :sign: :sign:
Rob

Cut a 1" hole in the watermellon and take out a plug about 3" or more long. Unscrew the vodka top, jam the bottle neck down into the hole and put back in the fridge for 3-5 days.

That is the way we used to do it when I was a kid. Drank a butload of PGA Punch during those years too.

This thread brings back a few memories. :thumbs:

Used to do this regularly with 151, to sneak into the infield at the Kentucky Derby. Fill several watermelons (even tried to inject the pure grain with syringes one year), bring a cooler with some fruit punch and fruit. Cut it all up and pour it all in the cooler....Instant party!

Although most of the time I never saw the Derby and the Infield was empty when I woke up....but I do know there are a lot of people around this country with me in their pictures saying "who the hell is that guy?"

-D

Used to do this regularly with 151, to sneak into the infield at the Kentucky Derby. Fill several watermelons (even tried to inject the pure grain with syringes one year), bring a cooler with some fruit punch and fruit. Cut it all up and pour it all in the cooler....Instant party!

Although most of the time I never saw the Derby and the Infield was empty when I woke up....but I do know there are a lot of people around this country with me in their pictures saying "who the hell is that guy?"

-D

So YOU are the guy I see at the Derby every year. LOL.

I think the reason why so many people have done this is because of how great it is, the fun, etc. Then, you have to deal with the results. LOL.

Eric

So YOU are the guy I see at the Derby every year. LOL.

I think the reason why so many people have done this is because of how great it is, the fun, etc. Then, you have to deal with the results. LOL.

Eric

I said used to..... :whistling:

-D

We were insane and used a melon baller and made a thousand little balls of happiness!! :love: :love: