• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wine and Lactose Intolerance

chewbacco

darkside looks appealing...
Okay, this may sound stupid...

I've been noticing that when I drink some Chardonnays, I get diarrhea and gas
(sorry for those eating lunch or dinner).

I like the buttery and creamy aspect to Chardonnays.
And I've recently learned about the Malo-lactic fermentation process that wine producers use to ferment white wines.

Now, here's my question...does the lactic acid from the Malolactic fermentation process have anything to do with my Lactose Intolerance like symptoms?
I read, though, that lactic acid has no affect on Lactose Intolerance.
Wondering if there's any lactose in wine...

Does anyone else share similar symptoms when drinking white or red wine?
Maybe this is something entirely different...like maybe a sulfite/sulfate reaction.

LMAO! Ummm, I have no idea how to even answer your question.

:sign:

Hmmmm ..... your not drinking any of the Virginia wine are you :laugh:

Could it be that your alergic to Oak? how about trying a white that hasn't gone through malo fermentation to see if it happens as well. I wouldn't think the sulfites would be affecting you as they are in such minute quantities, but some folks are very very sensitive to sulfites.

:cool:

I am a first generation Italian and lactose intolerant as are many people from the Mediterranean. I drink Yellow Tail regularly with no GI symptoms.

Doc

I'm allergic to dairy aka milk and cheese. I do have problems with icecream as well. But I can drink wine without problems. But my reactions are pretty violent and not just mild reactions. So I have no idea what could cause the problem cuz I can drink them fine.

Drink Scotch and avoid the problem altogether. :thumbs:

AVB said:
Drink Scotch and avoid the problem altogether. :thumbs:
[snapback]254229[/snapback]​

Here, here. thats what I say too. :thumbs:

Thanks for your input! ........... I've been pondering this thread for years and losing sleep over my inability to get some form of closure.

Thanks for your input! ........... I've been pondering this thread for years and losing sleep over my inability to get some form of closure.

LOL.....I was thinking the same thing!

Worst bump ever....

Worst? I beg to differ. A clear definition was given that no one here for the last 6yrs has been able to come up with. I'd say that's downright helpful. :)

Worst bump ever....

Why do you keep following John around?

???

...hmmm, there's a link in Sharon's profile....somehting to do with 'oral jelly'....I'm NOT clicking it!

Worst bump ever....

???

...hmmm, there's a link in Sharon's profile....somehting to do with 'oral jelly'....I'm NOT clicking it!

Can't help it Gary. You ought to know that by now!

What?!?!?! You're telling us that YOU won't open a link?? :laugh:

Worst bump ever....

???

Can't help it Gary. You ought to know that by now!

What?!?!?! You're telling us that YOU won't open a link?? :laugh:

Gary's just mad because I wanted to charge him to use the midget's.

A lot of my relatives are lactose intolerant, but still drink a glass with every meal like good Italians should.