• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

WOW! What a wreck!

I've been a race fan since the early '60, remember Fred Lorenzen, and I don't ever remember seeing a wreck like that. The closest was probably Rusty Wallace's wreck at Talladega. I can't believe that he walked away from it.

Doc.

I've been a race fan since the early '60, remember Fred Lorenzen, and I don't ever remember seeing a wreck like that. The closest was probably Rusty Wallace's wreck at Talladega. I can't believe that he walked away from it.

Doc.

You mean Fred "Golden Boy of NASCAR" Lorenzen driver of the Holman-Moody #28 Ford? If so you will love this Doc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfjoMRsCtII

I think the next worse for me was Davey's wreck at Pocono. Though Rusty's wreck at Talladega was a bad one as well. Safety has come a long way since the days of those type of wrecks.

WOW. I have been a race fan all my life(still not as long as Doc!!!!) and that is the scariest wreck I have ever seen. Just the way he tried to straighten it out and went straight into the wall was bad enough without the rolling. Man, I cannot believe he walked away. Those impact absorbent walls and all the safety features of a race car are really showcased there!!!

Don

I'm sitting here watching the final practice for tomorrows race and McDowell did an interview a few minutes ago. All he mentioned, injury wise, was a few bruises and some soreness. I am floored that he could even walk away from that wreck, but to already have a practice session under his belt less than 24hrs after something like that is beyond me. I think the COT passed its first real stress test with flying colors.

that was a pretty intense wreck, they sure have made some good changes over the years

Unbelievable. I liked his comment that he didn't lose anything. I would have lost lunch and ruined a good set of underwear.

WOW. I have been a race fan all my life(still not as long as Doc!!!!) and that is the scariest wreck I have ever seen. Just the way he tried to straighten it out and went straight into the wall was bad enough without the rolling. Man, I cannot believe he walked away. Those impact absorbent walls and all the safety features of a race car are really showcased there!!!

Don

Truer words have never been said......LOL.

It's my understanding that the safety features in these COT cars is second to none. While the drivers did a lot of whinning last year, it's wreck like this that make them happy they are driving this car.

I can't remember last years wrecks and you guys are going way back. Must be your diets or mine. :(

The one wreck I do remember like yesterday. Is Big E's, I was watching the race in Spfld, Ma. drove home to Ct. Went on line to see here my drivers had finished and was faced with that now infamous headline. Never did like the guy but, I cried for hours. His picture now has a permanent place in my family room and his diecast collectables that I have bought over the years. Will never be sold. My heart still pains me.