• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Your Internet Connection

Your Internet Connection

• Cable/DSL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dialup

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
Just curious as to what most of the CP'ers connect with. I just signed up with a cable modem. We have a brand new cable company in my city (competing with another cable company), so the new co is offering service for only $23.95. Can't beat that! :)

At work, I am on a 10 mbit network connected to 3 T1s being used by a few thousand people.

At home, I am dialing up with a 56K and half the time it will not connect at anything better than 33.6. :(

T-1 at work.

Cable at home. I've had it since July and love it. I already told my SO that one of the things we will look for in a new house is that we can get cable access. :thumbs:

T1 @ work.

Sprint Broadband at home. 3.5 mb is what I get most of the time. I have been in the 4 range from time to time. I love it.

Mpass

Beats me what I use at work but I don't hang out on Cigar Boards while I'm working so.......... :0 :lookup: :p

Cable at home and would never go back to dial up again. NEVER! :)

Rod, check out Inreach Internet. They should be available down in your neck of the woods. When I lived in CA, I helped the guy that owns it start it up. We went from running it out of his apartment, to them being one of the biggest providers in CA.

I'm on a 1.5M DSL connection. I'm greedy, I want MORE POWER *grunt grunt grunt*

Cable is nice until your neighbors hook up to it, then the speed is cut in half, and so on and so on. Each block shares the node. But it's better than a dialup, so there ya go

Sorry ass T1 (or a fraction thereof) at work. At home I use cable...I tried DSL and the throughput was fine, but the latency was awful (60 - 80ms ping to the first hop).

750 mb DSL and damn glad to have it here in mountains of Va. It's either that or AOHell. :(