• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Zino Davidoff coming to Alexandria

CigarMan Andy

Traveling Herf Man
Dear Friends,

Zino Davidoff is coming to the Cigar Palace in Alexandria as part of his U.S. Tour 2008. He will be there on Thursday October 9th from 4-6pm greeting people and talking to everyone about the Davidoff and AVO lines.
There will be complimentary food, beverage and a mystery cigar.

During this event you will have the chance to participate in the raffle to win an expense paid Dominican Republic Factory tour trip.

This one in a life time tour includes:

* A round trip airfare from U.S. to Santiago, Dominican Republic airport
* Roundtrip transportation from airport to hotel
* Hotel accommodations
* Meals

Hope to see some of you there...

4815 Eisenhower Ave, Alexandria, VA. 22304 Local 703-751-6444 or Toll Free 888-942-8224

zino3.gif

cigarpalace2.gif

Man too bad I got to Coach a football game that day or else I be there.

thanks for the info though.

David

???

Zino Davidoff's been dead for quite a while, no?

There having that event by me this saturday. Private event, invite only for 25. And i'm passing it up to be with my girl why?

Hey,

I'm in National Harbor, MD right now. How far of a cab ride is it to Alexandria? I'd like to check out the cigars and do a little herfing :)

???

Zino Davidoff's been dead for quite a while, no?

According to the owner of the shop, No. His father is but Zino and Avo are both alive. Ancient, but alive.

Hey,

I'm in National Harbor, MD right now. How far of a cab ride is it to Alexandria? I'd like to check out the cigars and do a little herfing :)

Do you mean the Inner Harbor, Baltimore? If so, it's about 40 minutes.

No. I am about 5 miles from alexandria. I googled it. I'll probably be there around 5:30

It will be nice to get alittle herf going.

The event was very nice. Good cigar provided Zino Classic and ended up buying a box! I met Cigarman Andy. Had a little chance to shoot the breeze while he offered to drive me back to my hotel. Andy, thank you very much! Thank you for the cigar!

Best,

Joe

So who was hosting the event? I presume it was not the late Zino...

It was hosted by Cigar Palace and Raymond Schuerer from Davidoff, Geneva was the featured speaker. He gave a nice presentation and gave insights about Zino. They had wine, cheese, fruit and crackers. There were about 18 or so attendees. edited to include his bio:

This year marks the 25th Anniversary of Davidoff's presence on the American Market. It was in 1983 that Raymond Scheurer, dear friend of and confidant to Zino Davidoff, came to the United States with the specially created Zino Mouton Cadet brand seeking a handful of retail partners throughout the country to carry these exclusive cigars. At this time, the Davidoff cigar was still a Cuban cigar and unavailable to American smokers. Though a relatively unfamiliar brand to the United States, 13 retailers accepted Raymond Scheurer's invitation and supported this new effort by Davidoff. These were the first 'Davidoff Depositaires' in the United States.

Throughout the first part of the 1980's Raymond traveled throughout the United States celebrating and launching these special cigars with full fanfare in elaborate dinners featuring wonderful Bordeaux wines and in the company of royalty, celebrities and cigar enthusiasts. In 1987, after the proven success of the Zino Mouton Cadet on the American Market, Davidoff opened its first U.S. Flagship store on Madison Avenue. Embracing the philosophies of Mr. Davidoff and his shop in Switzerland, the store was filled with the finest cigars available on the American market including the Zino and the newly launched The Griffin's. Mr. Scheurer personally made sure that the store and its products were being sold in true Davidoff fashion. He spent his days on the store floor greeting customers and recommending the appropriate cigars. His evenings were spent in the store's basement, repacking cigars into tubes or packs in order to be sold the next day. It was arduous work, but in fact to Raymond it was not at all. It was a pleasure and a privilege. In 1990, the Dominican-made Davidoff was launched in Raymond's network of American 'Davidoff Depositaires' - a family of now more than 175 retailers and 7 boutique stores throughout the country. Later the AVO, and Zino Platinum brands would join the ranks in the marvelous walk in humidor.

On January 2, 1994 Raymond left a then ill Zino Davidoff in Switzerland to go to the Dominican Republic to check on production. On January 14, 1994 while Raymond was ensuring the quality of Davidoff's prized puros, Mr. Davidoff passed away, and Raymond's mission forever changed. Scheurer has been dedicated to sharing Zino's philosophy and carrying on Zino's Legacy throughout the world ever since. Though there could never be a greater ambassador to the "Davidoff" brand than Zino Davidoff himself, Raymond Scheurer continues to ensure that Zino's legacy remains alive for the ages. In Zino Veritas.

It was hosted by Cigar Palace and Raymond Schuerer from Davidoff, Geneva was the featured speaker. He gave a nice presentation and gave insights about Zino. They had wine, cheese, fruit and crackers. There were about 18 or so attendees. edited to include his bio:

This year marks the 25th Anniversary of Davidoff's presence on the American Market. It was in 1983 that Raymond Scheurer, dear friend of and confidant to Zino Davidoff, came to the United States with the specially created Zino Mouton Cadet brand seeking a handful of retail partners throughout the country to carry these exclusive cigars. At this time, the Davidoff cigar was still a Cuban cigar and unavailable to American smokers. Though a relatively unfamiliar brand to the United States, 13 retailers accepted Raymond Scheurer's invitation and supported this new effort by Davidoff. These were the first 'Davidoff Depositaires' in the United States.

Throughout the first part of the 1980's Raymond traveled throughout the United States celebrating and launching these special cigars with full fanfare in elaborate dinners featuring wonderful Bordeaux wines and in the company of royalty, celebrities and cigar enthusiasts. In 1987, after the proven success of the Zino Mouton Cadet on the American Market, Davidoff opened its first U.S. Flagship store on Madison Avenue. Embracing the philosophies of Mr. Davidoff and his shop in Switzerland, the store was filled with the finest cigars available on the American market including the Zino and the newly launched The Griffin's. Mr. Scheurer personally made sure that the store and its products were being sold in true Davidoff fashion. He spent his days on the store floor greeting customers and recommending the appropriate cigars. His evenings were spent in the store's basement, repacking cigars into tubes or packs in order to be sold the next day. It was arduous work, but in fact to Raymond it was not at all. It was a pleasure and a privilege. In 1990, the Dominican-made Davidoff was launched in Raymond's network of American 'Davidoff Depositaires' - a family of now more than 175 retailers and 7 boutique stores throughout the country. Later the AVO, and Zino Platinum brands would join the ranks in the marvelous walk in humidor.

On January 2, 1994 Raymond left a then ill Zino Davidoff in Switzerland to go to the Dominican Republic to check on production. On January 14, 1994 while Raymond was ensuring the quality of Davidoff's prized puros, Mr. Davidoff passed away, and Raymond's mission forever changed. Scheurer has been dedicated to sharing Zino's philosophy and carrying on Zino's Legacy throughout the world ever since. Though there could never be a greater ambassador to the "Davidoff" brand than Zino Davidoff himself, Raymond Scheurer continues to ensure that Zino's legacy remains alive for the ages. In Zino Veritas.

Thought I would publish the picture...
trio.jpg