• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Traveling in Hong Kong

Setharsis

Boot'tye Zdorovy
Hi guys,

I'm here in Hong Kong with the wife, 2 year old son, and the in-laws, and we're trying to figure out where to eat and what to do. Any recommendations?

Also, looking for Asia Pacifica regionals, anyone know of good local shops?

Thanks!

image.jpeg

Eric

Isn't Ravi located in HK? The website doesn't show a store address that I could find though.

I found the LCDH but the Asia Pacifica regionals are starting at about $30 US a stick.

I visit Hong Kong several times a year, and never count on the LCDH... I have never had a great cigar from there...

I usually stay at the Peninsula hotel in HK. They have the Davidoff Shop in their lobby. It is very small, but hardly ever has anyone in there... I usually bring my own cigars in, even though there is a sign saying that is not allowed... a little tip goes a long ways... As soon as you walk in, their humidor is on the right. They have some Regionals and LE's, but are bland and not very good. They do not sell boxes of Cubans... The next place I frequent is the LCDH at the Sheridan in Kowloon. This place is twice the size of the Davidoff shop, but again has very little to offer. You can buy a cheap cigar as you walk in, then go to the back lounge and light the one you brought with you... Make sure you tell the cute hostess that you will light it yourself, or they will follow you back, sit you down and proceed to light your cigar for you, taking their time, and waving it rapidly in the air, until you have a perfect light... They do sell boxes, but are expensive. Another lounge is in the Mandarin Oriental, called Cuban Cigar Divan. It is a small lounge very similar to the Davidoff Shop...

My favorite place to is the Red Chamber Cigar Divan, located in the Peddler building in Central. This place is beautiful. They have hundreds of selections, and carry aged, regular, LE's and RE's... They even have Dunhills and Cuban Davidoffs, but expect to pay upwards of $4000 HK for a single (about $500 US) If you tip Mr. Wan (the manager) when you walk in, they will put you in the VIP area, and treat you like a king... This is where I keep my cigar locker, so i don't have to carry my cigars in and out of the country all of the time... They are also the only cigar lounge with a full bar, and a menu to order food. They have free WiFi, and several TV's... I spend a lot of time at this place...

I forgot you are with your family... You have to go to the Mandarin Grill in the Mandarin Oriental Hotel... great food and atmosphere... Also, don't leave HK without going to One Dim Sum Chinese restaurant.. Go to Prince Edward MTR Exit A. Turn right and walk straight about 100 yards, you will see the line... One of my favorite places is Aqua Roma... the food is great (Japanese and Italian), but the views are amazing... Another amazing place is the Ozone Bar... beautiful views, great food and drinks... but it is a bar, so no minors allowed. It is located on the very top floor of Ritz Carlton Hotel Hong...

Last edited:
Great info Sid! That Red Chamber sounds awesome. And now I think I'm going to head over to One Dim Sum. Thanks!

Sid,

That One Dim Sum was probably the best meal we had while in Hong Kong! Thanks for the recommendation.