• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Are Major retailers strangely reticent on the FDA?

MadMonk

I could just be old and feeble minded, but I can only think of one, bigger, mail order retailer who has tried to get BOTLs to sign petitions, etc. Am I mistaken? If not, could they possibly see it as a windfall if this thing doesn't get squashed?

eta: I know some have links on their sites, but seemingly sort of "discreet".

Last edited:
I could just be old and feeble minded, but I can only think of one, bigger, mail order retailer who has tried to get BOTLs to sign petitions, etc. Am I mistaken? If not, could they possibly see it as a windfall if this thing doesn't get squashed?

I've noticed the same. I'm thinking the numerous lawyers must be taking their time developing the best case before dropping the bomb. That or everyone is in denial. I'm thinking they know something we don't!

I heard, first hand from a boutique manufacturer, that CI is busy registering their pre 2007 brands. He said he has reached out to all of the big online concerns, and has not received any sort of response.

edit: clarification

Last edited:
I'll say this, the gun community thought ATF 41P wouldn't happen, and now we have it starting in early July. :mad:

Don't underestimate the tenacity of the govt to restrict our fun.

Yeah. I read the article and was thinking that it was great news too.

Yeah. I read the article and was thinking that it was great news too.
It's making the rounds. I guess it's possible the date has either been overlooked, or someone feels it's relevant.
What's funny is, at my age, 1998 seems "not so long ago" until you do the math.

I'm right there with you.

Maybe they were thinking that it was still up in the air whether the FDA could regulate nicotine and therefore tobacco. Regardless, that battle was fought and lost nearly 20 years ago.

I contacted Famous and they were very quick to pin links to the petitions on the FaceBook page (a previous post they did that got buried), and to place a banner ad at the top of their home web page. Hats off to them. They also said they sent out 100,000 emails, but they say not many smokers are signing the petitions, etc. They were very gracious.

This might be the closest thing to a fire sale I've seen. Been watching these guys since the first "Buena vista blowout" and they usually only send emails for guns/gear. But I got a rare email this morning for cigars.

Fair warning, though the prices are good, I'm pretty sure they're humidor is not well maintained and they don't ship with bovedas. Nonetheless, good deals on Liga, My Father, Don Pepin to be had.

Worth checking!

http://www.fieldsupply.com/circ-de-smokea-its-a-smokin-hot-cigar-tent-sale-up-to-68-off-5-packs.html

Some of the Ashton and Padron prices are really good as well. Similar to what you can get some of the stuff for at auction, but in fiver packs. Looks like they might just be getting out of the cigar business.

Last edited:
These are pretty damn good, but also great prices:

Arturo Fuente Sun Grown 858 (6"x47) - 5 Cigars
$24.25
SKU: K5-AFS6047
MSRP: $30.00

Yeah, noticed those too. Plenty of stuff in there worth considering. :) Buyer beware in terms of sticks. They'll certainly arrive dry, but the ones I bought were revived in my humi for a week or two and turned out to be smokeable.

Buyer beware in terms of sticks. They'll certainly arrive dry, but the ones I bought were revived in my humi for a week or two and turned out to be smokeable.

While I haven't bought cigars from Field Supply, I thinks it's the same company as Cigarpage.com. Bought about a dozen fivers from them and they were all dry but their sealed boxes were great. I wonder if they get fiver packs from the back of CIs humidor or something. :cool: