• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cheap Humidor Near Failure

golfgar

Bueller.... Bueller...... Anyone....... Anyone?
image.jpeg Opened the door on the Humidor to get a cigar out and it nearly fell on the floor. Came apart from the frame and almost crashed to the floor. After 20 years you'd think it was ok but all the small screws pulled out of the wood, which had obviously shrunk.

Just send the boxes to me for safe keeping until you can have your new custom built. I'll take really good care of them for you!! ;)

Not bad that you got 20 years out of a cheap humidor though. Never got any of mine to last half that long while holding any kind of decent humidity.

Is that a different kind of wood behind the cedar?
Who knows, don't think so but the small screws just pulled out.

Back to the coolers until I get new one. You can depreciate the the Verona de Lux on a 20 year schedule. LOL

My life span is less than 20 years so maybe another Verona is in order LOL

;););)
Just send the boxes to me for safe keeping until you can have your new custom built. I'll take really good care of them for you!! ;)

Not bad that you got 20 years out of a cheap humidor though. Never got any of mine to last half that long while holding any kind of decent humidity.

Great suggestion ill post the tracking number later.

I put some glue in the holes to keep the door on for now and there's nothing in there you'd like anyway ;)

Glue and some sawdust, or even a piece of wooden match if you don't want to get too exotic.

Take match sticks and wood glue, then use longer screws. Better than new, then ship all those boxes to me for storage. While glue sets and you get a chance to buy the new screws.

I had that problem on one of my kitchen cabinets almost from the start (not enough meat on the cabinet front for the concealed hinge) and dipped toothpicks in glue and stuck them in the screw hole until they filled it, then shaved them off flush. It holds the screw now; a slightly longer one probably would've been a good addition.

~Boar

Glued last night! Seems to be working ok for now. That glass really makes the door heavy.

Better than new, then ship all those boxes to me for storage.

I'll send the tracking number later.;)

Thanks for the offer.

After 20 years of service, you've gotten your monies worth!

I remember when I bought it and there were those doubters who said "you won't get 20 years out of that cheap thing, don't buy it". :D

I agree on the longer screws, might save yourself some money in the long run as well.