• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Adventures in idiocy

Eshaw99

Just livin' the dream
Well, as I sometimes have a tendency to do, I did something stupid last night at work. It was a slow night, and I was in need of something to occupy my time. My Xikar has been bugging me recently because one of the blades has been sticking a little bit when I open and close it. I figured something got up in there, so I thought I would take it apart and clean it. This is my first Xikar, and I've only had it about three weeks. Needless to say, I had no experience taking apart one of these, and zero knowledge of its inner working components. Did I let this deter me? Hell no. :cool:

So I got a couple of flathead screwdrivers, and removed the screw at the hinge. As I began to pull one of the blades out, the other one popped out on its own, as blades are apt to do I guess. Along with the blade, a couple of very small metal pieces hastily made their escape as well. Luckily, they didn't fall off of the counter, so I was able to find them. This time anyway.

After a few minutes (ok, a lot of minutes) of studying the device, I formulated a theory as to how the thing was supposed to be put back together. I'll tell you this about a Xikar, just because you figure out how it's supposed to be assembled, that doesn't mean you can just do it. After 45 minutes of fitting the blades back in, and bending that f***ing V-shaped metal piece at just the perfect angle to get it back in there, all I had left to do was put this little spring in there and close it back. I put the spring on that little fitting it goes on, and began to compress it so I could close the two sides together. Right when I almost had it, the spring shot off its fitting and flew off somewhere onto the dark-colored carpet we have in the store.

F*ck :angry2:

It might as well have been the ocean, because this little spring blended PERFECTLY with the carpet it was sitting on. It took me three freaking hours before I found it! So after I found it, I had the great joy of starting all over from the beginning. Another hour later, I finally had the thing put back together. Do the math. To put my little cigar cutter back together took almost FIVE HOURS!

So the moral of this story is, four hours is still less than the five days I would have waited if I had sent it off to Xikar. It was well worth the effort. :thumbs:

Oh, and if somebody posts that there's some little trick to do all this in five minutes, I might get so angry that I'll take my Xikar and cut off my own pe..HEY LOOK AT THE TIME! I've got to go to work!

:p

stevehawk said:
Now, that's funny! 

:laugh:
[snapback]172384[/snapback]​
That's high praise coming from an expert (in the field of idiocy).

NA

Seems like the time frame is right on the money for a Tennessee boy......

:sign:

Actually, there is a really easy way to, um, well, never mind...

Now when someone comes in the store with a broken cutter your the expert.
After the spring went flying the hole dam* thing would have went clear across the mall :whistling:

Eshaw99 said:
This is my first Xikar, and I've only had it about three weeks. Needless to say, I had no experience taking apart one of these, and zero knowledge of its inner working components. Did I let this deter me? Hell no. :cool:

[snapback]172352[/snapback]​

Hey, I did not even know those things came apart. :whistling:

SamClemmons said:
stevehawk said:
Now, that's funny! 

:laugh:
[snapback]172384[/snapback]​
That's high praise coming from an expert (in the field of idiocy).

NA
[snapback]172386[/snapback]​

Well thanks, Neal... I have observed enough of it (idiocy) in my time here to know it when see it. :thumbs:

stevehawk said:
Well thanks, Neal...  I have observed enough of it (idiocy) in my time here to know it when see it.  :thumbs:
[snapback]172485[/snapback]​

Man that's sure true. It's like a little cloud follerin' you around.

NA

SamClemmons said:
Man that's sure true. It's like a little clound follerin' you around.

NA
[snapback]172498[/snapback]​

Hmmm... more like a bad smell...

I understand what you are trying to do SC but do you have to ruin every post made just to nail Shawk? Its annoying that everywhere i read there you are messing with him.Flame away i could care less.

Mephiston said:
I understand what you are trying to do SC but do you have to ruin every post made just to nail Shawk? Its annoying that everywhere i read there you are messing with him.Flame away i could care less.
[snapback]172503[/snapback]​
I see nothing annoying , if it annoys you don't look. Funny you could care less but had to get in it huh......

Mephiston said:
[snapback]172503[/snapback]​
Yes. Yes I do. However, I am particularly regretful that you are annoyed. It cuts me deep, deeep. I am, after all, here to please you. It is my mission in life. Whatever can I do to make it up to you? Oh the shame. I have to go hide my head now.
I'm terribly sorry for the inconvenience.

NA

I met flame away at me i could care less beef boy.How can i not look its in every dam^ post that Shawk answers.

oops forgot to address it to Mephiston,
Actually SHawk called somebody out in public for no good reason but to start a brawl, But lets start calling everybody for their actions on the board and not their reputations and respect they built.
Looks like Sam and SHawk were having a civil lil' back and forth repartee of "on-liners". Like what happened was gonna go away in just a day..... not. It was asked for and will go on for awhile before it dies down, no need to call Sam on watching out for a friend.

Oh I could stoop to calling you mephiston boy but,, I'll just call ya mephitis. Whats that ? look it up.....

??? Wassdat smell ? ???

Mephiston said:
Apology accepted :)
[snapback]172508[/snapback]​

Good. I'm relieved.

Now try to act like a man, I've got enough bitchess in my life.

NA

Steve fully deserves whatever you do.I can accept dancing around the extra posts for now...I was acting like a man when stating that you are not the only biatch here that wants to read about something besides you two. that need to get a room. ;)

Mephiston said:
Steve fully deserves whatever you do.I can accept dancing around the extra posts for now...I was acting like a man when stating that you are not the only biatch here that wants to read about something besides you two. that need to get a room. ;)
[snapback]172531[/snapback]​

I've only got one thing to say to this.

Huh?

NA