• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone affected by the Verizon Strike?

bfreebern

Yada, Yada, Yada.
3rd Day of the strike and I'm wondering if any of you are having to picket or cross? I may have to travel to Silver Spring, to cross, but it hasn't been announced to me yet.

I had a repair done on Sunday at my house. Two management personnel showed up in the van to fix my problem. One minute later, 2 cars showed up - 4 CWA workers got out and started to walk a picket line on my street. It was pretty comical. After 15 minutes, the CWA workers left. I talked to the management personnel and they both said they hoped the strike would be settled quickly. They did not want to work 60+ hours per week to keep up with the service calls.

By they way, they fixed my two problems and gave me a extra remote while they were there.

Well, we're working 6/12s now and when/if I'm sent, more then likely it will be 7/12s. Not real happy about leaving my wife with all 4 kids, just starting school, etc. Some of the videos I'm seeing on you tube are crazy.

That sucks. I don't know what the issues are, I am sure money - benefits, but this would be a tough time to be on strike. I hope for your sake it is settled quickly.

I think someone from the CWA stole your avatar Brandon.
unsure.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Good luck and remember the Kevlar to and from work.

one of my best friend is doing 7-7 all week her birthday was yesterday and didnt get to celebrate cause all she wanted to see was a bed.

Bringing up an old thread, but Vz East Union walked this morning. So we're being scabs, until an agreement is reached.

Not a political thread or a Union Pro/Con thread, just didn't know if anyone else on the board was employed by Verizon as well.