• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bomb etiquette

After much reflection, I have concluded that I erred horribly in judgement as a new forum member, and that wasn't my intention. I meant to spark a debate and aquire knowledge on displaying how to best deal with another forum members personal request.

In my attempt to diffuse the situation, I only made it worse. I apologize for making a bad first impression, and for the confusion I caused. I intend to do better moving forward.

-Tom

After much reflection, I have concluded that I erred horribly in judgement as a new forum member, and that wasn't my intention. I meant to spark a debate and aquire knowledge on displaying how to best deal with another forum members personal request.

In my attempt to diffuse the situation, I only made it worse. I apologize for making a bad first impression, and for the confusion I caused. I intend to do better moving forward.

-Tom
It's in my nature to believe the folks that make an apology like this...so thank you for being honest.

But be aware, because you've had this rocky beginning, you will be under a watchful eye. Only you can change this initial perception moving forward.

I wish you well.....

It's in my nature to believe the folks that make an apology like this...so thank you for being honest.

But be aware, because you've had this rocky beginning, you will be under a watchful eye. Only you can change this initial perception moving forward.

I wish you well.....

Understood and thank you.

-Tom

You ain't the first brother, nor will you be the last.

-Tom

We're a pretty open and honest bunch here. When we see things that are a little off, we tend to point it out and get it out in the open. For a lot of us, this is our only cigar board and we cherish what we have here. From the start, it just didn't seem genuine, it seemed like you were fishing for different responses on those different boards.

Stick around and I"m sure after some time, you'll see that this board is like none other.

Also glad to see this end in this way.

Groucho, this place is truly like a family. Some people have been here for months, some for years, and some for decades. But every one of us is intensely protective of this community. Heck, I've been here for less than a year and I can't even tell you how grateful I am for this place and to what lengths I'd go to keep it the way it is.

Everyone's made mistakes. Live and learn. Just be aware that if you bust down some family's front door and 30 people gang up around you, the proper response is always "Sorry for the door, I'll do better next time." Long-winded explanations aren't helpful. The door's still broken. Doesn't matter why.

Your last response was the right response. I'm glad for it. Don't get caught up in the mentality of "needing to contribute content" because there's a mountain of content on the forum already. Just watch carefully. Speak up from time to time. Watch new posts and comment. You'll be fine.

We're a pretty open and honest bunch here. When we see things that are a little off, we tend to point it out and get it out in the open. For a lot of us, this is our only cigar board and we cherish what we have here. From the start, it just didn't seem genuine, it seemed like you were fishing for different responses on those different boards.

Stick around and I"m sure after some time, you'll see that this board is like none other.

Somewhat re different responses. My dad use to say "it's OK to hear people out sometimes, they might tell you something you've not heard before. Most likely not, but, it's a possibility".

But my best friend says I think all information, is good information. But, he doesnt mean it as a compliment.

Your point is well made.

Last edited:
Not accusing of being one and the same, but this exchange reminds me of a noob(ier than me) several years ago who was wrote quite verbose and overly-eloquent posts; each indignant defense getting more and more literary and ridiculous with obscure, seldom used words that were so out of place for a day-to-day conversation it was comedy via text.

Wish I could remember who that was, or if they even stuck around.

Hope this continues to work out for the best.

Not accusing of being one and the same, but this exchange reminds me of a noob(ier than me) several years ago who was wrote quite verbose and overly-eloquent posts; each indignant defense getting more and more literary and ridiculous with obscure, seldom used words that were so out of place for a day-to-day conversation it was comedy via text.

I was searching for said noob as well. I remember he started making these cigar reviews that were 1/10th review, 9/10th fiction.

No clue.

That dirtbag is still around....with his own review website. SMH.....

Search is your friend, I just wish I was better at it. Nice pull Tommy!