• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cards Spring Training

golfgar

Bueller.... Bueller...... Anyone....... Anyone?
Spent the week in Jupiter Fl for spring break. Yesterday the family and I went to see the Cards play the Mets. Cards stunk Mets played pretty well. After the game I had the chance to talk with Mike Matheny at an event for about 50 people sponsored by PNC. I know he smokes cigars so I gave him one of my 2 remaining Cohiba Sig VI tubos. He was very thankful and still holds out hope the Cards will do well yet again this year. Personally I think it will be a long hard road for them to get deep into the playoffs. IMHO the Cards need some better offensive production from left field, the aging Matt Holliday, and first baseman Matt Adams.

Sounds amazing! I'd love to go to Cards Spring Training one day. Heck, I'd love to go to Busch! I'm pretty high on Randall Grichuk, and am looking forward to watching him continue to develop. I watch him and think he's the centerfielder of the future. The bullpen doesn't look as strong. We're going to miss Pat Neshek. Yadi is scary skinny this year, which frightens me a bit. He lost a ton of weight. If Jaime Garcia can stay healthy, I think he'll be great, and I like that our pitching staff is a little more veteran with a full year of Lackey. I'm a Kolten Wong fan, and hope he gains some consistency while getting a bit more aggressive on the base paths. Mark Reynolds should provide some pop off the bench, or platooning at first. Heyward is an upgrade in right, so hopefully he picks up some of the slack you're worried about with Holliday/Adams. Mozeliak is certainly conservative. If we don't make a big splash next off-season, I have some long-term concerns, with the rest of the division obviously improving. This year I expect another solid season with at least a wild card game if not a division title.

Sounds like a great time. I love spring training. Not sure what to expect out of my Bucs this year. Here is to your Cards and my Bucs battling it out for the Central this year. Cheers!

Funny you should mention Molina, when I saw him warming up yesterday I thought it was a different Molina. He had his back toward us and his pants were all bunched up. Matheny said he lost 23 pounds but it sure looked like a lot more than that. I thought it might have been one of his kids in that uniform. Should be easier on his knees and back for sure. I hope he maintained the muscle mass to get through 162 games.

BTW if anyone is coming to Stl during the season let me know, I can most likely get tickets.

Matheny said the Buco's would be one of those challenging for the division title and that's always fun. I just want the Reds to fall flat. Not trying to make any Reds fans mad but I have loved to root against them since I was a boy.

As a long time Redbirds fan, I'm totally jealous but sounds like a great time. Also very cool you gave Matheny a solid stick. He wasn't much of a batter but could call a good game. However, it doesn't get any better than Yadi. If I'm ever in STL, I'm looking you up brother.