• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP 2015 13 Run Pool Full

Bsneed51 said:

I hope everyone had fun with this and Congratulations to all 3 winners! 
Any chance of doing this again for the second half of the season? 

It is possible.  The timeline is very short however.  It would be nearly impossible to collect all of the bets before the pool starts and if everyone who played the first round wishes to participate in resetting the pool it would be easier since the members have been established and their information is already at the pool site.  I have two other questions for the group:

1) Would we be in favor of re-assigning teams or keeping the same teams?
2) Would we want to consider paying 4 places instead of 3....1st place 40, 2nd place 25, 3rd place 15, 4th place 10?

The payouts have been mailed so unfortunately the "let it ride" option is not available to the winners of the first round for bets on the second round.

golfgar said:

It is possible.  The timeline is very short however.  It would be nearly impossible to collect all of the bets before the pool starts and if everyone who played the first round wishes to participate in resetting the pool it would be easier since the members have been established and their information is already at the pool site.  I have two other questions for the group:

2) Would we want to consider paying 4 places instead of 3....1st place 40, 2nd place 25, 3rd place 15, 4th place 10?

The payouts have been mailed so unfortunately the "let it ride" option is not available to the winners of the first round for bets on the second round.

Good points.  I was going on the assumption everyone in the pool would re-up and we could go on the "honor" of those guys to make good on their entry fees.   Probably to much hassle for such a short window of time.    Definitely hope this goes again next year. 

Bsneed51 said:

Good points.  I was going on the assumption everyone in the pool would re-up and we could go on the "honor" of those guys to make good on their entry fees.   Probably to much hassle for such a short window of time.    Definitely hope this goes again next year. 

If everyone would re-up we could certainly go on the "honor" system and they would have a bit of time to send in the fees before the next winners would be announced.  Just so you know I would be up for it but we would have to poll everyone else to make sure they would be up for it, I guess.

I'd be in, for the second half of the season....this was an very fun pool.  I think next year, I'm going to go with 2 teams, as opposed to 1.  That wasn't a smart move on my part.

I'd certainly go again. But my vote would be to redo teams.