Initial impressions - Casa Magna Domus Magnus Limitada

Discussion in 'Cigar Reviews' started by BlindedByScience, Aug 30, 2011.

1. BlindedByScience

BlindedByScience Proud Father of a brave U.S. Marine

Guys - I just smoked a new Casa Magna Domus Magnus Limitada in the 6.5 X 55 size. A cigar that reminded me very much of the Padron 64 but not quite...not in a bad way, but with a slightly different flavor profile. Not as "zippy" in terms of spice as many of the recent Tats and Pepin smokes, but very solid in terms of overall flavor and construction. Nicely complex, lots to offer. A nicely open draw, burn was great requiring only a couple minor touch ups with the torch. A bit of punch, to be sure...probably not an "empty tummy" smoke unless you're a hard core like I am.... :p

Long and short of it is that these are very worthy smokes..!! I got mine from Israel but I'm sure other vendors will have them sooner than later. Easy to recommend picking up a 5-er or maybe even a box (10 to a box, AFIK).

I have a few more and will post a more detailed review with pics sooner than later. But, if you're on the fence about these, I can assure you that you will not be dissapointed. I very much enjoyed tonights smoke, and will smoke more. May find a spot in my regular rotation....a very nice smoke, to be sure..!!

Enjoy, my friends - B.B.S.

2. uptown_isy

uptown_isy The Man Uptown

Glad you enjoyed it TL. This is IMHO one of the top smokes to come out of the show this year. Let me know which of the 2 you like better. I like the smaller of the 2 better...but they're both great. Completely different blend than the original Colorado.

3. MadMonk

MadMonk Well-Known Member

OK. you convinced me. I'll PM Izy tonight. :)

4. 4cbln3

4cbln3 WTF are skin tags?!

Smoked one of the Optimus ( I think) tonight at a smoker at the Prince Hotel and initial draw reminded me of a Padron, it was so easy. I liked it well enough, although it was my second cigar of the night. I can't pick out flavors, but I did pick up some cocoa in there. Think I'll need to smoke a couple more to decide, but it did keep me occupied.

Thank Fia!

5. Gavin

Gavin Winter is coming.

I've tried one of the smaller size, which wasn't that small, and it had good flavor, but it burned very hot. I've got one more, I'll be interested to see how it performs.

6. ironpeddler

ironpeddler Ye Old Newbie

I can use all the "zippy" I can get at this stage in my Life....and if it comes from a cigar, better yet.

At least I don't have to take a cigar out to dinner...

Thanks for the review Tom.

7. Bayamos

Bayamos Casca, where are you now....

Thanks for the overview......

8. MarkJr

MarkJr willing participant in this game we play

I really enjoyed both of the sizes, but the larger one (optimus i believe) more. The local B&M had a box left last Sunday, so I took off their hands. I'm excited to enjoy them going forward.

9. Gavin

Gavin Winter is coming.

Just an update for fans of this line: SAG (Quesada) is coming out with 1000 boxes each of three new sizes, a belicoso, a shorter robusto, and a churchill.

10. _Deon_

_Deon_ Smoke Em If You Got Em

I have had a Casa Magna Colorado Robusto, what a great stick. In my all-time favorites. Will tell you a secrect, I was a virgin untill she touched my lips, a LOVE to remember!

11. NorcalMark

NorcalMark New Member

I really like this cigar. Not a big fan of the regular CM but the Domus Magnus is very nice.

12. obmike

obmike New Member

I bought 10 of these. Down to about 4. They are nice cigars.

13. MaytagMan

MaytagMan New Member

Thanks for the review! Sounds like they are worth a try... :)

14. Fia

Fia Member

Coming out with 3 new sizes too!!! :thumbs:

15. mu mike

mu mike Active Member

An underrated cigar IMO. I enjoy their Espana line and I think this is another good one.

16. Audi_kraut

Audi_kraut New Member

Picked up a box of these awhile ago and it still cracks me up that the "instructions" recommend that you enjoy these after a hearty steak.

edit* nice top level summary btw. They've grown on me.. Ill have to dig one out for this weekend.

17. Pugman1943

Pugman1943 Well-Known Member

Casa Magna Domus Magnus Coitus Interruptus, thought we had some kind of a Latin seminar going on here.

18. thechenman

thechenman No One of Consequence

I can't speak for all the vitolas in the Casa Magna Domus Magnus line as I only smoke the Primus, but without a doubt I can say that the Primus is extremely underrated, and if the rest of the line tastes like the Primus...the whole line is underrated. Go out and buy/try some...you won't be disappointed.