Major SCORE!

Discussion in 'Humidor Forum' started by 2K6TBSS, Feb 12, 2012.

1. 2K6TBSS

2K6TBSS Active Member

I was driving out of my development and saw a Magic Chef 52 bottle wine fridge sitting on the curb with a sign that said "FREE, Needs thermostat. Please take me." I thought to myself, as a cigar person the sign says "FREE, Needs Heartfelt beads. Please take me."

So, I brought it home! I will be cleaning it out in the morning, and will start seasoning some empty boxes that I have had laying around the house for a while now (as I was planning on setting up a coolerdor). I think I will also try to get Golfnut (Forrest) to make a few custom shelves for it.

Here are a few pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ETA - Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics, I will try to get some better pics when it's all cleaned up.

2. ilikefishes

ilikefishes Active Member

That rocks. Congrats man.

3. Puros Locos

Puros Locos Permanent FNG

Wow! You fortunate S.O.B.! :thumbs:

4. Gern Blansten

Gern Blansten Member

5. 4cbln3

4cbln3 WTF are skin tags?!

OWRITE! Fill that baby up, Jeff!

6. DeputyDawg

DeputyDawg Old Sheepdog

Nice find.It will have another life and not end up in a land fill somewhere forever.

7. kona1000

kona1000 Scotchead!

The rich getting richer!! :p

Awesome! See what good karma can do! The clubs are awesome, went to yesterday, 25 degrees yesterday.

8. thefatguy

thefatguy TheFatGuy

What a great find, congrats!

9. tone-ny

tone-ny I smoke therefore I am!

[sub]Can't beat the price congrats![/sub]

10. Joebunaga

Joebunaga Brought to you by Carl's Junior.

11. CBoukal

CBoukal Long time Newbie

Awesome deal, Makes me want to post on criagslist "Buying Broken Wine fridges"

12. maduro89

maduro89 Straight Razors and Whisky

Wow beats the one I got for $40! I love the fact that if its not cooling people toss them! Are you going to leave it unplugged? Mine does not cool anymore but if I plug it in it get kinda hot (about 78-80 degrees) so I cant enjoy the nice LED lighting it has.. Unplugged though It works like a charm and is at about 68% humidity! How big is your btw? Mine is a 38 bottle!

13. 2K6TBSS

2K6TBSS Active Member

Glad to hear that you like the clubs. It was hard to let them go, as I loved the way they felt.

It's a 52 bottle fridge! I should be able to fit a good amount of boxes and singles in there. I downloaded the owners manual last night and if I set the cooling control to zero, the system will be off but the light will still work. So I will probably plug it in and turn the control to zero.

14. maduro89

maduro89 Straight Razors and Whisky

WOW nice! I tried that on mine but it still heats up. Is yours thermoelectric or compressor cooled? I wish there were a way to still have the light on while the compresser being off.

15. LarryH

LarryH Stogiesaurus

Have you tried performing surgery on it? A little snip here, a little snip there. Just make sure to unplug it first. :0

16. thechenman

thechenman No One of Consequence

That is awesome. What a great find! Congrats...

17. Set-In-Stone

Set-In-Stone The Dude Abides

Sweeet! If people only knew what they are throwing away.... That comment of the "needs heartfelt beads" comment made me laugh out loud. :D

18. Cigar FF

Cigar FF Member

Great find. Be sure to share some pictures when it's completed. Congrats.

19. Pugman1943

Pugman1943 Well-Known Member

Kinda hard to argue with the price. Should work out great.

20. aquiring93

aquiring93 Science rules

Awesome. You lucky dog. :rolleyes: