• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What did you do to your vehicle lately?

Picked up BF Goodrich MT's for my 03 Lexus gx470 off FB of all places, half the price. People were complaining about the pics showed them cupped. Well yeah, drive the cupping off morons. It's a mud terrain. They're louder anyway.
Really gave it a nicer looking stance, well IMO.

Had a melted ignition coil replaced.

Unrelatedly, started shopping for a new car.

I haven't heard anything good about CVT transmissions in ANY make.

The one in the Prius seems to be about indestructible. That might be due to it having almost no power to stress it, though.

Last edited:
The one in the Prius seems to be about indestructible. That might be due to it having almost power to stress it, though.

The problem with the Prius is the driver's ego. It seems to be overinflated and thinks it is 10 feet tall and bullet proof.

New tires. $174 a piece; not including mounting a balancing. For Christ's sakes it just a damn Mazda.

Doc

Oh, I taught my son how to tear apart an engine so that we could take the head in for re-surfacing!

Getting the damage caused by Rose in a collision repaired and had to get new tires, $650 for all four suburban tires at Costco. I didn't think that was too bad.

Getting the damage caused by Rose in a collision repaired and had to get new tires, $650 for all four suburban tires at Costco. I didn't think that was too bad.

$650 for four tires mounted, balanced, and taxed is not bad at all.

Hope the body shop quote is as exciting. ;)

$650 for four tires mounted, balanced, and taxed is not bad at all.

Hope the body shop quote is as exciting. ;)
The body shop "doesn't really matter because I was hit and Rose's Insurance company is covering everything including a rental

The body shop "doesn't really matter because I was hit and Rose's Insurance company is covering everything including a rental

Oops, I assumed Rose was a driver on your policy, and that you were going to be out of pocket.

Block is flat?

One head on motor? I-4/Straight 6?
Inline 6. The block filled with radiator fluid. Block had multiple cracks when inspected by the machine shop. Waiting on the new/used one to come in and see how much more $$$ I'm in for. I've never been this deep into a motor myself, I usually hire this stuff out!

Inline 6. The block filled with radiator fluid. Block had multiple cracks when inspected by the machine shop. Waiting on the new/used one to come in and see how much more $$$ I'm in for. I've never been this deep into a motor myself, I usually hire this stuff out!

Do you plan to assemble yourself?

Assuming this is a Jeep (inline 6)...have you considered doing an LS swap? A low mile 4.8 or 5.3 would be really sweet in a Jeep.

Put these in on Saturday.
So, new brakes and new shocks/struts on all 4 corners.
IMG_20160723_130922.jpg

Changed the battery in my daughter's Mini -- it starts regularly now! This weekend I'm going to assist her with changing the rear shocks on it, giving it new brakes and rotors all the way around, and changing the oil.

Rotated the tires and replaced the transfer case shifter linkage this morning. A "quick job" turned into 3 hours on the lift trying to get those stupid bushings in. I also figured out what the rattle was I could only hear when I was in the passenger seat: the exhaust manifold heat shield on that side rusted itself off. Good thing I'm planning on putting the headers on this weekend...

Replaced the Lower Intake Gasket on my 99 Yukon's 5.7 Vortec engine. Wasn't too bad overall. The following weekend the wifes ac went out on her 97 Chrysler Concorde and it appears the clutch coil melted. Had plastic coming from under the pulley.

Since most of our vehicles are older I bit the bullet and signed for a 2013 Ford Edge to use for trips and such. I really dislike having a car payment.

Do you plan to assemble yourself?

Assuming this is a Jeep (inline 6)...have you considered doing an LS swap? A low mile 4.8 or 5.3 would be really sweet in a Jeep.
Yeah we did the re-assembly ourselves. Just put back the standard stuff. Of course now it won't start! Not getting spark for some reason. Most likely suspect is the ignition coil, replacing that tonight.

Yeah we did the re-assembly ourselves. Just put back the standard stuff. Of course now it won't start! Not getting spark for some reason. Most likely suspect is the ignition coil, replacing that tonight.

It is definitely enjoyable assembling a motor.

I'll have to see if I can locate pics of my "cab off" head gasket and ARP Head Stud upgrade I did on my truck, last year.

Cleaned the headlights on my daughter's Mini with Meguire's Heavy Duty Headlight Restoration kit. I'm happy with the outcome, though I need to spray it with some UV resistant clear coat to make it last. I'd say it brought them back by about 85%-90%. Not factory new, of course, but leaps better than they were (and now much safer for her at night, too!). Shocks and oil change on it this weekend.