• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What did you do to your vehicle lately?

Not exactly something I did, but I got rear-ended on the freeway last night. Then the beach had the nerve to ask if I was even going to report it. Sure, If you pay to fix my frickin car!

Not exactly something I did, but I got rear-ended on the freeway last night. Then the beach had the nerve to ask if I was even going to report it. Sure, If you pay to fix my frickin car!

NOOOOO! First, sorry that you got rear ended. I hope that your car is not too bad, but more importantly that no one was injured. However, ALWAYS report it. Never know what's going to come up down the line or what hidden damage you may have on the car, not to mention any physical issues that may arise. Get an official police report and cover your butt.

NOOOOO! First, sorry that you got rear ended. I hope that your car is not too bad, but more importantly that no one was injured. However, ALWAYS report it. Never know what's going to come up down the line or what hidden damage you may have on the car, not to mention any physical issues that may arise. Get an official police report and cover your butt.
Thank you, and yes, of course! That's basically what I told her. Started my claim and everything. I just found it funny that she even asked me if I found it worth reporting to her insurance. I laughed and told her you better believe I am!

When I was a teenager I tapped the bumper of the car in front of me at a light (kinda like those infuriating Liberty Mutual commercials!). Put a small scuff on this older gentleman's car, and no damage to my high-powered Plymouth Reliant. He went ballistic about young drivers, I'm at fault, he's going to tell my Major (WTF does that even mean anymore??), blah, blah, blah. When I went to timidly give him my insurance information, he suddenly changed his mind and left in a huff. A cop arrived a few seconds later (I don't know who called them) and said that this sort of thing happens a lot around that area. Turns out the guy I hit didn't have insurance and was just giving me a hard time. If the cops weren't there, he was going to try to shake me down for cash. I left with just my pride hurt, and another report of "fleeing the scene of an accident" for that guy.

Put my Lo Pro QT truck bed cover back on after getting my truck back from the repairs shop - lady backed into my truck and sent it to the Collision Center. #WomenDrivers.

No, the #WomenDrivers...
Ok. I'll grant you that some women drivers are good but the stereotype of others is detrimental to you good drivers. My wife is an awesome driver bit she is the first to point out the other 98% of the others.

Ok. I'll grant you that some women drivers are good but the stereotype of others is detrimental to you good drivers. My wife is an awesome driver bit she is the first to point out the other 98% of the others.
Well I do have to agree in a way. I'd say that most of my almost accidents have been due to other women on the road, however, I've seen my fair share of idiotic men drivers too lol I've never been pulled over or in an accident, except for this lady who just rear ended me a couple days ago. I don't know why my friends find it surprising that I can backup a pickup truck into a parking spot o_O Oh yea, cause they contribute to the stereotype lol

Well I do have to agree in a way. I'd say that most of my almost accidents have been due to other women on the road, however, I've seen my fair share of idiotic men drivers too lol I've never been pulled over or in an accident, except for this lady who just rear ended me a couple days ago. I don't know why my friends find it surprising that I can backup a pickup truck into a parking spot o_O Oh yea, cause they contribute to the stereotype lol
Definitely seen my fair share of guys who suck at driving. Glad to know another woman who knows how to drive.
I got to say that in general, I'm disapointed in all people who don't have the sense to have situational awareness. Grocery store to driving to elevators to walking (I'm looking at you Pokeaman Go!)

Definitely seen my fair share of guys who suck at driving. Glad to know another woman who knows how to drive.
I got to say that in general, I'm disapointed in all people who don't have the sense to have situational awareness. Grocery store to driving to elevators to walking (I'm looking at you Pokeaman Go!)
Hah! Yea, my grandma is HORRIBLE with situational awareness. Glad I didn't inherit that. Pokemon go may have a bad rep, but you can play it and still be aware (except most people haven't figured that out yet! Lol)

Put my Lo Pro QT truck bed cover back on after getting my truck back from the repairs shop - lady backed into my truck and sent it to the Collision Center. #WomenDrivers.
Do you have any photos of that cover on your truck? What do you think of it? I am in the market for a new bed cover on my truck, as my current one is 11 years old and ripping up, but not sure what I want yet.

Do you have any photos of that cover on your truck? What do you think of it? I am in the market for a new bed cover on my truck, as my current one is 11 years old and ripping up, but not sure what I want yet.
I really like the Truxedo. The Lo Pro comes with a life time warranty. It is easy to install, and use. The cover rolls up and once rolled up, it doesn't interfere with visibility or accessibility of your truck bed. I will try get you some pictures of it but there is a wealth of information about it on the internet.
If i had to buy another one, I'd buy it again without question.

Thanks. I think mine is the Black Max by Truxedo -- it goes over the bedrails, which I dig, as well. I have very few complaints with it, and I can't be mad that it is coming apart after 11 hard years. I'd like the same thing but with velcro instead of snaps, I think. The snaps are the only real drawback that I can think of. It rolls up just like yours. I appreciate the details. Thanks, again.

Swapped out the rear shocks on the MINI today for Bilstein B4s and changed the oil. Shocks: easy peasy. Oil change: Holy Hell -- whose idea was it to make a "cartridge" style oil filter, and put it upside down on the top of the engine? Spent entirely too long and too much colorful vocabulary trying to get the stupid filter out of the cap. Again, a quick job turned into wayyyyy too long. But, both jobs are done, and the car runs and drives much smoother.

What did I do to my vehicle lately? Decided I will sell it back to VW. Earlier I created my profile on the diesel recall website with the car info and they tell you how much you will be getting from the settlement pending court approval. Turns out I will be getting back about $1500 less then what I paid for it 4 years ago. I heard VW's can hold their value but something must be wrong with that.....oh, right.

Decided I will sell it back to VW
Whatcha gonna get?

My danged check engine light keeps coming on. No faults when we hook up the diagnostic gizmo. Going to wait a week or so and let my mechanic keep it a week or whatever to replace some small bits that might cause a no fault warning. Could even be that the gas cap isn't quite perfect.

My car is under the diesel recall, so I can have a buyback. Absolutely nothing wrong with the car otherwise but since I'm getting 25k for it, I'm taking it.