• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Montecristo Fancytales Review

Eshaw99

Just livin' the dream
Ok, by popular demand of some in the "After the Holidays" pass, here's my review of the Montecristo Fancytales...with new photographic goodness!

This was an interesting looking little cigar. Almost looked like a Hemi Sig, but thinner. The wrapper was dark and veiny.
new.jpg

This picture may not show it well, the the cello was a little yellow. Hopes were high.
yellocello.jpg

This started off well. Immediately I got the impression of cocoa and raisins. As I got halfway down, a nutty background began to develop and become more prominent. Also, for the first time, I detected notes of orange peel in a cigar. I've read on many cA reviews where they taste orange peel, but in all the cigars I've ever smoked I've never detected it. But it was definitely present in the Fancytales.
halfway.jpg

However, while smoking this cigar I had a sense that I was waiting for something that never came. While the flavors were very nice, the finish was short to almost nonexistant. The flavors, while prevalent on the palate while the smoke was inhaled, left little to no lingering effect. I was a little disappionted by this. Also, I began to develop some wrapper issues along the way.
issues.jpg

On the cA scale, I'd give it an 87. Nice flavor, but a little flat. Hard for me to say that being the self-proclaimed Monte whore that I am. :p

Eric

So your mustang is your smoke room? :laugh:

Nice review and pics :thumbs:

bfreebern said:
So your mustang is your smoke room? :laugh:

Nice review and pics :thumbs:
[snapback]163512[/snapback]​

LOL :laugh: Yeah, I have a two hour break between classes at school, so that's when I get some of my best smoking done. I got a new camera phone, so I though I'd add a little visual aid.

Eric

Nice review - sorry about the flat finish (i was thinking it was just me) - all in all a nice cigar, but I've had better in that price range. I didn't have the wrapper issues - don't know what happened there, bro... As a matter of fact, the only wrapper issue I had is it was VERY strong (had trouble cutting through it at the start).

Thanks man, hope you will let me know when you find a really good stick from the pass to. Next time we expect you to be driving though :cool: