• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

People selling through Cp

TonyDogs

Banned
Ok I have seen a few people who are trying to promote their cigar shot through cp. What is so wrong with that? I have seen some of you old school guys snap like old hens at these vendors. I want to know why?

Now I am biais being a saleman and all. I dont sell cigars but if I did why not promote yourself as long as you follow the rules of the site.

Maybe since I am a newbie I dont see the big picture here.

Someone explain this to me please.

Tonydogs ;)

TonyDogs said:
Ok I have seen a few people who are trying to promote their cigar shot through cp. What is so wrong with that? I have seen some of you old school guys snap like old hens at these vendors. I want to know why?

Now I am biais being a saleman and all. I dont sell cigars but if I did why not promote yourself as long as you follow the rules of the site.

Maybe since I am a newbie I dont see the big picture here.

Someone explain this to me please.

Tonydogs ;)
[snapback]217935[/snapback]​

Tony - give us specific examples and you'll get your answer.

As far as I know, there is no one I know of who is dogging any LEGIT vendors. There are those that would take advantage of the members here, and that will not be tolerated. Sell snake oil and expect your a$$ to be handed to you...

Tony the threads are self explanatory as I and many others have clearly stated our "problems" with these guys.

DandSCigars registered multiple screen names here (slickNYC) in an attempt to shill his site, which is a violation of board policy. When confronted with this, he lied about it. He's a dishonest loser who DOES NOT follow the rules of the site. Why do you seem to think he is following the rules?

KevinOWacter has stepped on his dick on a number of occasions which again, I outlined in a thread earlier. He's condescending and insulting which is NOT a way to encourage people to do business with him. He also used material from CigarGroup without their permission which I think is dishonest and probably illegal. He CLAIMED to have sent out "10,000" postcards when confronted my CP members who were not happy about having their addresses lifted from their profiles. Personally I don't care about that but obviously some do. My problem with him is how he handled it, I think once again he lied about it. I can't trust this guy, can you?

What's with your "Why all the hate?" line in the title of this post? Just a "heads up", that wasn't too smart of you nor was this:
I have seen some of you old school guys snap like old hens at these vendors

TonyDogs said:

The only vendor I've had issues with is Kevin ("TheCigarHumidor.com")... because he's behaved like a slimeball here.

I don't see it either TD. The guys on this board are good at sniffing out the BS. So just trust them. Nobody on this board has ever steered me wrong, in fact quite the opposite. I always listen here.

Now I am biais being a saleman

OOOOOOOOPS, Mrs. Crabtree sez:

BIASED

SALESMAN

:laugh: :laugh:

When you're going to throw stones at me, you better darn well spell it properly. Oh and you forgot the apostrophe in "don't" ;)

coventrycat86 said:
Now I am biais being a saleman

OOOOOOOOPS, Mrs. Crabtree sez:

BIASED

SALESMAN

:laugh: :laugh:

When you're going to throw stones at me, you better darn well spell it properly. Oh and you forgot the apostrophe in "don't" ;)
[snapback]217965[/snapback]​
Go, Cat... Kick them DOG-ASS for me... Heh... Heh... Heh...

A Sale Man... WOW... That's what I will tell my kids to be like one when and if they ever freaking grow up... :p

This is probably the thread that got Tony’s panties in a bunch regarding KevinOWachter:

http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/index.php?...topic=14704&hl=

Here’s another one where DandSCigars took some well deserved heat:

http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/index.php?...topic=14698&hl=

I suppose at first glance, one might conclude that the Brute Squad was giving these poor souls far more crap than they deserved. Well Tony, if you would have looked at PREVIOUS threads where these two jerkoffs got themselves into hot water, you’d see why.

I really don’t feel like doing your research for you as it might be a good exercise for YOU to undertake yourself. This way you might think first before you start stupid threads like this one.

So, go find “posts by member” for DandSCigars and his other fake screen name SlickNYC and review all of KevinWHoecker’s posts and get back to us, okay?

Tony, I'm not going to apoligize to you for the tone I'm using toward you in this post because I'm not at all happy with you right now. :angry2:

On second thought Tony, I did your homework for you.

Please review THIS TREAD where we caught DandSCigars blatantly lying about member SlickNYC who he claimed was not him when in fact it was. ;)

While your at it Tony, check out THIS THREAD where ole DandS had a meltdown on page 2. I don't know about you but the whole Colita/Cohiba thing is sleazy.

Damn TD! Looks like you done stepped on the wrong toe! :laugh:

to use a certain vernacular...don't both Ian from Billboardtobacco.com and Mr. Jerry get alot of love around here??? That would be because on occasion they both have been know to regularly post here..and not always about what they are selling???

What I have noticed in my short time here is that the people who catch a wrath of crap bring it on themselves. I am actually very happy to see it. It gives me more confidence to know that this is a forum that protects its members relentlessly and will be quick to point out the scum.

Smitty is spot on with his assessment :thumbs: ! As I have said a gazillion times before, one of the reasons I joined CP was the great support that the members get from the FOGS. They are NOT going to put up with any BS from vendors or trouble makers. The fact that CC, George, and others are on many boards helps us here because they can spot the dopes and get them off of CP. My comment is KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Several things have struck me about these pages, and are the reasons I keep coming back. First, the shared knowledge of this group is fantastic. I have learned much and am still learning more about cigars all the time.

The second thing is the ethics of the bunch. Bad traders, questionable dealers, etc. all seem to get lots of heat from the group. Smitty0255 hit the nail on the head - it's because in one way or another, they've earned it. However, with ethics comes honesty. I know of few other places where I'd feel comfortable putting $100.00++ in a money order and sending it off sight unseen to a person I've never met. And, knowing that if that person burned me, the wrath of the group would be all over them. But, with this bunch, it's not only no worries it's pleasant anticipation - "man, how soon will my sticks get here..??..!!"

Some may think it's a "tough room to play" but I think it's about the most honest and decent bunch of folks I've ever met.

FWIW - B.B.S.

Matty_Vegas said:
to use a certain vernacular...don't both Ian from Billboardtobacco.com and Mr. Jerry get alot of love around here??? That would be because on occasion they both have been know to regularly post here..and not always about what they are selling???
[snapback]218028[/snapback]​

Yep, they do get a lot of WELL DESERVED love around here. There are others as well that are well respected and, I dare say, well liked. It is because of the way they conduct themselves and the way they treat their customers and potential customers. They have also tried to become part of the community and not just sale men (that's for you CC).

Tony, in my fairly short time here, I've seen vendors welcomed with open arms and I've seen bull**** snakeoil salesmen (both vendors and others) raked over the coals and run off. Stick around and pay attention...you'll see the balance.

Now for a word of advice...it's not a good idea to defend/side with the "slimeballs." It does nothing but put you and your reputation in a bad light. Also, don't insult the guys that have been for a long time (some call them FOGs, I think you called them "old guys"). That shows a definite lack of good sense.

cigardawg said:
Also, don't insult the guys that have been for a long time (some call them FOGs, I think you called them "old guys"). That shows a definite lack of good sense.
[snapback]218066[/snapback]​

That's sound advice. Calling out the guys who are doing this board a SERVICE by watching out for bad vendors while at the same time protecting YOU is not a wise thing to do.

TonyDogs said:
I have seen some of you old school guys snap like old hens at these vendors. Someone explain this to me please.

Tonydogs ;)

Oh man. Oh oh man. Oh oh oh man. Explain it to you? Did you read the threads you're talking about? You did? And you still didn't figure out what was going on? No really, you couldn't figure it out? Look, I love dogs so your screen name has a place in my heart but in the future when you have a question like this try PMing somebody who is smarter than one and they'll clear it up for you. Seriously. I'm not sure what your motivation would be for starting a thread like this but "not understanding" is kinda stretching credibility.

NA

andrewhac said:
A Sale Man... WOW... That's what I will tell my kids to be like one when and if they ever freaking grow up... :p
[snapback]217972[/snapback]​

Not sure what thats suppose to mean? Please explain.

I'm impressed with the replies from those of you who "get it". Unfortunately Tony's question isn't anything new to those that watch over the flock. In fact, its quite common. Many people just refuse to believe that they're people working every angle they can to take advantage of them.

My advice has always been to seek a new flock if you don't like the sheepherder.