• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sheridan's Coffee Layered Liqueur

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
The thread on cruises got me thinking about the bottle the wife and I picked up on our cruise late last year. Sheridan's Coffee Layered Liqueur, 1ltr bottle comprised of 2 sections fused together, 670ml of coffee chocolate liqueur and 330ml of vanilla cream liqueur. 31 proof. Not available in the US, about $28-30 duty free.

Sheridans.jpg

Joe Sheridan was famous for his Irish Coffee (thanks to ThankYouForNotSmoking for the link) for years and years before Sheridan's Coffee Layered Liqueur was released. Out since the early 90's it competes with better known brands like Baileys (the number one selling liqueur brand in the world) and it's numerous imitators. A much more flavorful and better product IMO it does cost a third more then the others in the same field and has had limited marketing making it somewhat unknown even in areas where it is sold.

Unlike it's one bottle competition which has everything mixed together Sheridan's tries to replicate the Irish Coffee look buy having a split bottle pouring out 2 liqueurs with the coffee sinking and the cream rising to form a shot glass sized Irish Cream drink. They seem to have the combination just right as the chocolate-coffee comes through the vanilla-cream in just the right proportion but with a smoothness not found in a true Irish Coffee. There aren't too many after dinner liqueurs that can be considered classics, Cointreau, Grand Marnier, Chambord, Bénédictine and a handful of others and to this list Sheridan's should be added. The wife and I really like this stuff. :thumbs:

Picked a bottle up on our last cruise.........wife wanted to try it but we haven't cracked it open yet......now you have sparked my interest and will have to give a whirl tomorrow.

And...?????

Picked a bottle up on our last cruise.........wife wanted to try it but we haven't cracked it open yet......now you have sparked my interest and will have to give a whirl tomorrow.

no data yet.....had a breakfast outing this morning....but luckily have tomorrow off so will give it a whirl.

Very nice...........actuallly was more to my taste on the second go around as an after-dinner treat rather than a breakfast starter

I told ya so ;)

Very nice...........actuallly was more to my taste on the second go around as an after-dinner treat rather than a breakfast starter

There aren't too many after dinner liqueurs that can be considered classics, Cointreau, Grand Marnier, Chambord, Bénédictine and a handful of others and to this list Sheridan's should be added. The wife and I really like this stuff. :thumbs:

Just to let everyone know, chrishughes437's tip for locating a shipper to the USA of Sheridan's Coffee Layered Liqueur was totally brilliant!

I followed his link in the reply to my post and ordered from the site he recommended.

I ordered a Case of Sheridan's Coffee Layered Liqueur on the Monday.

They sent it out from the UK the same day.

I actually took delivery of it in Birchwood, Arizona on the Thursday!

Six lovely bottles of Sheridan's Coffee Layered Liqueur for us to enjoy!

The link to the site, which I would highly recommend like chrishughes437 is​

Thank you so much Chris!!!!! :D

Damn that is expensive. I like the stuff but won't pay three times what it is worth.