• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Thomas Hardy's Ale vintage 1989

moki

el Presidente
I picked up an interesting oddity today, a bottle of 1989 vintage Thomas Hardy's Ale. That in itself isn't interesting (other than being a nice beer that's about hit its stride in terms of age), but the serial number certainly is:

hardys_ale_1989_0000.jpg

This is the first bottle ever produced from the limited production of 1989 batch Thomas Hardy's Ale.

Now rather than go to a beer forum and as my first post ask "Is this worth anything?" and get flamed to hell, I figured I'd ask here first.

So... is this worth anything? :)

I picked up an interesting oddity today, a bottle of 1989 vintage Thomas Hardy's Ale. That in itself isn't interesting (other than being a nice beer that's about hit its stride in terms of age), but the serial number certainly is:

hardys_ale_1989_0000.jpg

This is the first bottle ever produced from the limited production of 1989 batch Thomas Hardy's Ale.

Now rather than go to a beer forum and as my first post ask "Is this worth anything?" and get flamed to hell, I figured I'd ask here first.

So... is this worth anything? :)
YES YES YES
It may be a printing error,,,,or it may well be the first off. The serial should be "0001"
I have drunk this brand of beer and it is hard to come by even in the UK.
Around 20 years should make it ready but unless you are a real hard man with not many taste buds you may not like it
If you know what concentrated yeast extract (vegemite) tastes like that is pretty much the flavor
It is probably worth a lot of money to a serious beer collector, more so in the UK
How much did you pay for it?

Did you get it from a trusted source? :whistling:

This beer can age well, now for 20 years, maybe, some say it will do a wonder, I did tasted a 1991 in 2005, out of 7 people in the room only two liked it, me and a fellow "connaisseur"

You might go to Beer advocate and see :)