• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Belmont Strawberry Blond

smellysell

Go Vols!!!
Adrian (Opus meX) sent me this beer a while back and I’ve been curious about it ever since. I really didn’t know what to expect since it’s been many years since the last time I drank a fruit beer. Thanks for the unexpected gift Adrian.

Style – Fruit Beer
ABV – 4.5%
Brewed In – Gilroy, California
Availability – Brewed Year Round

IMG_0322.jpg

Appearance

Poured a pale yellow, with some very light haziness. There was never any head or lacing. Very similar in appearance to a typical American domestic brew.

Smell

Like the name would suggest, strawberry was in the forefront. Not a natural smelling strawberry either, almost Boone’s Farm Strawberry Hill-esque. That being said, it wasn’t unpleasant either. Hops are in there too, but very light and you have to be looking (or smelling I guess) for them. I had a hard time getting past the fact that my beer smelled like strawberry for some reason. At this point I was becoming a little concerned that it might taste like a wine cooler.

Taste

This beer was very light bodied and straight forward. The strawberry was actually pretty subdued and natural tasting, which was a pleasant surprise after the initial impression I got from the aroma, and the sweetness wasn’t overpowering. Hops are still there if you’re looking for them, and there’s a touch of tartness. The finish is unlike any beer I’ve EVER had. The flavor literally disappeared. I would say it was extremely smooth, but it was beyond that even.

Feel

The feel of this beer matched the flavor profile, in that it was very thin. Very refreshing with medium carbonation. This beer is very drinkable, I could see myself sitting outside on a hot summer day drinking several of these.

Verdict

While this beer is definitely a change of pace from what I’ve been drinking lately, it wasn’t bad. I could definitely stand it being a bit more full bodied, even to the point of being medium. This definitely isn’t a bad beer, it was actually rather enjoyable, just not really what I typically look for in a beer. That being said, I could see a lot of people with differing tastes than mine really enjoying this beer. Thanks again for giving me a reason to stray from my comfort zone Adrian.

Thanks for the honest review Justin, I agree with the fact the beer may not be an everyday selection. Although it definatley makes the summers a little more bearable around these parts. I also favor this beer on a hot day becuase of the light carbonation, it allows you to put a few back without that "full feeling" you might find in other beers especially when it is hot. As with this one I look forward to future reviews from you. :thumbs: BTW if you are ever looking to drink a few more LMK.

I had this beer on a perfect day in Sedona in the sunshine and it was refreshing. As you said, it's not an every day beer but it sure was good that day!