• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bakers 7yo Small Batch Bourbon

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
Baker's 7 yo Small Batch Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey, 107proof, standard bottle, no packaging, $36-40, available nationwide.

Bakers.JPG

The last of the four Jim Beam small batch bourbons to be reviewed, (the others being Knob Creek, Booker's and Basil Hayden's) Baker's is made from the recipe preferred by Baker Beam the great grand-nephew of Jim Beam. It uses a yeast first developed in the 30's to provide a smooth texture and consistency from batch to batch although I can't see how that is different from what other yeasts are supposed to do.

While Knob Creek is refined, Booker's is smooth, Baker's is more on the wild side. It isn't just the 107 overproof but the what is in my mind old style flavor. I haven't had too many bourbons from the 50's but this reminds me of them. Neat it will shock you and warm your insides after a long winter day. For the summer an ice cube in a double shot tames it down to make it a nice and spicy cool drink on a warm evening.

(Tasting notes are from drinking neat)

The nose is full of mint and rye with a slight flowery background. Tasting confirms the rye of the nose with a good bourbon oaky vanilla backbone and a big dash of spices. While the high alcohol content can sometimes mimic spiciness it is there even if poured over ice. The finish lasts for ages, incredibly long with a spiciness mixing with a dark chocolate base and finally, minutes later, a drying on the tongue.

This is a big, bold whiskey at the upper tier of bourbon. If you are a bourbon fan then this should be on your shelf.

Another job well done Ray. I am trying to stay away from your Tasters Notes they seem to drive me to drinken!! The Bakers is a great bottle although I have not purchased it since the new lable.

Cheers!

I don't like the new label myself and I wonder why we don't get the box packaging like they do overseas. Sometimes I think the distilleries take the American market for granted.

This is a big, bold whiskey at the upper tier of bourbon. If you are a bourbon fan then this should be on your shelf.

I have recently revisited this brand and now I cannot get enough of it. This has some of the best and deepest flavors of any bourbon around right now. Ray's review is dead on accurate and I thought it worth giving a bump to praise a great bourbon. :cool:

Bakers along with the cask strength BTAC offerings are my favorites right now. Bakers has lots of flavor and will always have a spot on my bar. :thumbs: