• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cocinero Liga Especial Robusto

flamchop

65/65
I picked up a couple of these from CP sponsor Tinderbox.com in a Tatauaje sampler.

Circumstances
Even though I usually don't smoke during the week, I decided to spark one up to help relax after a long night at work and chipping through the thick ice coating on my car when I got out to the parking lot! I paired it with a pint of Heineken from the draught keg in the fridge... mmmm.

I also put my iTunes on random, and for some reason this cigar took a liking to Tom Petty. Tom Petty, a pint of draught, and a premium cigar... a perfect end to a night of work :cool:

Pre-smoke inspection
The cigar feels very nice, not too firm nor too mushy. The wrapper is sturdy and smooth to the touch.

Ignition
I got it sparked up easily with my torch flame, and right from the start I had an even burn with no boating. Another sign (imo) of a cigar being well stored.

The Smoke
This cigar immediately reminded me of a Punch Rare Corojo. The flavors from this stick are less spicy from the get-go, and more leathery with just a hint of coffee. But that could be due to the Cappuccino I had when I got home. The first half of this smoke was very tasty, burned extremely well... very enjoyable. By about the halfway point the flavors intensified, but not to the point of becoming bitter. During the final quarter the flavors became more complex and the spices started to kick in. VERY nice ash that held strong throughout. The entire stick burned quite evenly throughout.

I would say, compared to the other smokes I've experienced, that this isn't an overall complex smoke, but at the same time it sure is tasty and exactly what I was hoping for from from a cigar like this. Those who only enjoy full bodied smokes and get nothing from a medium... might not enjoy this as much.

Conclusion
Very well constructed, good ingredients... made well overall. This is a classic "medium" smoke. However, while this is a great smoke, it's not in the same league as any Tatuaje, Padron, or Don Pepin I've ever smoked. I do recommend it for what it is, and I say any smoker would benefit by having a couple of these in the humi when you're looking for something solid.

Specs
Wrapper: Maduro Brazil
Binder: Cuban-seed
Filler: Piloto Cubano & Olor Dominican
Body: Medium

On a 5-star scale I give this smoke the Ounceman 3-Star rating.

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

c3.jpg

c4.jpg

c5.jpg

c6.jpg

c7.jpg

c8.jpg